PDA

View Full Version : OKKI NOKKI Record Cleaning Machine at RMAF

metaphacts
10-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Okki Nokki RCM Record Cleaning Machine (http://www.sumikoaudio.net/okki_nokki/idx_products.htm)

8017 Listen Up
422 Gold Sound
Evergreen Lobby (Soundings)

roole
10-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Got one as a birthday present. Solid build and pretty easy to use. Although not sure about cleaning results...

Douger
11-11-2010, 08:15 AM
I bought the show sample, and had been too busy to use it until last night. I cleaned three records and all came out very well. At its price point it is a great deal and well woth it.

roole
11-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Did you wash used records? How about pops and clicks after cleaning? My experience is not very good in this regard.

Douger
11-13-2010, 10:58 AM
I did, 2 of the ones that I washed were from Goodwill and one was mine from many years ago. All of those came out fine. Since then I also tried a really trashed copy of Barbra Streisand 'Classical' which remained quite noisy, it looks like embedded fingerprints and I don't have time to mess with it. It looks like lotion or fingernail polish...
If it was something I really wanted I would try 409 or something.
I have done 10 more and all but one came out very well. BTW I am using Disc Doctor fluid
before rinsing.

roole
11-14-2010, 06:36 AM
It looks like default Okki Nokki fluid isn't enough. Everybody's raving about Lar't Du Son fluids. Should be worth to try.

Douger
11-14-2010, 01:37 PM
I haven't used the Okki Nokki fluid yet, I have a quart of DD that I need to use before it ages out. I am looking forward to trying Okki Nokki soon because I read it is very good.

Douger
12-26-2010, 01:07 AM
This past week I have been using the Okki Nokki fluid, with quite good results. Still remnants of noise between tracks, but could be mistreatment of discs before I got them.
Any that I had purchased myself came out perfectly.