PDA

View Full Version : Turntable Stand

Masterlu
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
This Clearaudio Everest stand was recently brought to my attention. Your thoughts? :scratch2:

vintage_tube
10-05-2010, 07:03 PM
I heard that table at RMAF -- I thought it, (TT/arm & stand) comprised the 100+K € Statement and could not be purchased seperately (I don't see it listed seperately on Clearaudio's .pdf file 2010).

They do make 2 stands that I'm aware of -- the Monte Blanc and Everest. These are in no way similiar to the stand that accompanies the Statement "package."

Here's a pic of the Everest Stand.

Bob

PHC1
10-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Ivan, hard to say if the Clearaudio stand may be more or less effective than a rack from HRS but at least it will match the table. :D I think Clearaudio knows what they are doing though. :yes:

Masterlu
10-05-2010, 07:39 PM
The stand pictured has been made available to me, although I am favoring the HRS MXR in custom black laquer. :yes:

Taylode
10-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I don't think I would like the Clearaudio stand in your room as much as the HRS stand. I think it would come accross as very cold. Just my 2 cents.

PHC1
10-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Ivan, be sure to keep us posted as to how the HRS rack is breaking in. :thumbsup:

jdandy
10-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Ivan.......My first impression, it is too much. All that duplication of shape and wood, etc. is just too much. It detracts from the turntable's visual impact. Furthermore, where will your phono preamplifier sit, along with turntable accessories like cleaning brush, stylus cleaning brush, and anything else you may wish to have within arms reach. My vote is :icon_thumbsdown:

1KW
10-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Ivan.......My first impression, it is too much. All that duplication of shape and wood, etc. is just too much. It detracts from the turntables visual impact. Furthermore, where will your phono preamplifier sit, along with turntable accessories like cleaning brush, stylus cleaning brush, and anything else you may wish to have within arms reach. My vote is :icon_thumbsdown:

I agree with Dan :yes:

gtubes
10-05-2010, 09:39 PM
The HRS you were considering a couple of days ago is the way to go I say. Agree with Dan on this one...

two dot
10-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Ivan.......My first impression, it is too much. All that duplication of shape and wood, etc. is just too much. It detracts from the turntable's visual impact. Furthermore, where will your phono preamplifier sit, along with turntable accessories like cleaning brush, stylus cleaning brush, and anything else you may wish to have within arms reach. My vote is :icon_thumbsdown:

+1

hkval
10-05-2010, 10:14 PM
The turntable on the HRS Black Rack will maintain its unique visual identity and the stand will complement the beautiful finish on the 2 F113's flanking it in the back corners. The classic imprint of the Wall of Macs, combined with the universal beauty of the Strads, blend beautifully with the black laquer shelving and the very impressive turntable.:thumbsup:

cmalak
10-05-2010, 10:14 PM
HRS all the way :thumbsup:. Ivan we're good at spending your money aren't we? :D

Masterlu
10-05-2010, 10:41 PM
HRS all the way :thumbsup:. Ivan we're good at spending your money aren't we? :D

Quite good I may add! :D

Masterlu
10-05-2010, 10:41 PM
The turntable on the HRS Black Rack will maintain its unique visual identity and the stand will complement the beautiful finish on the 2 F113's flanking it in the back corners. The classic imprint of the Wall of Macs, combined with the universal beauty of the Strads, blend beautifully with the black laquer shelving and the very impressive turntable.:thumbsup:

Howard, my thoughts exactly. :thumbsup:

Masterlu
10-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Howard,

Somebody ought to be paying you to write this stuff, or at least giving you some free shit. :yes:

:roflmao: