PDA

View Full Version : Analog Domain

howiebrou
09-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Since we have a new member here who appears to represent Analog Domain Audio (which I heard at the Hong Kong AV Show) I thought it would be nice to start a thread to allow him to enlighten us a little more about this relatively unknwn brand. :thumbsup:

Angel, over to you and welcome!

howie

angel
09-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Hello again!

I assume the purpose of the thread is to broaden/enhance/supplement the info that's already on the company website, so my response would be to any questions that may come up.

Shoot! I promise to speak the truth. :)

JemHadar
09-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Just gotta love those exploding pictures.

http://analogdomain.eu/images/stories/products/apolo3-big.jpg

Source Analog Domain Audio GmbH (http://analogdomain.eu)

That looks like one serious machine.

angel
09-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Indeed, it is a very serious machine. :thumbsup:

This specific view is of the most powerful amp in our lineup - the Apollo. What you see is exactly what you get - a sleek, power-packed chassis, housing a state-of the-art, audiophile grade power amplifier. The specs are eye-popping for some, probably featuring the highest dynamic range on the market today: 126dB unweighted. What this translates into is 'headroom' and a sufficiently low noise floor to justify the investment in high-resolution sources.

It's interesting to reflect back on some of the comments and questions we got at the Munich High End in May this year. The most frequent first:

Comment: You are crazy!
A: Tell us something we don't already know.

Q: Is it really 8kW r.m.s.??
A: Yes, it is no exception from Ohm's law. "R.M.S. power" is a function of the waveform and load. With a clean sine wave at maximum amplitude and a 4 ohm resistor, the output power would be as specified. Other waveforms/loads would produce other results. Music would definitely not produce an r.m.s. power output of 8kW.

Q: But how is it possible to have this much power? Is it a Class D design?
A: It is a Class AB design, but with a "twist" - the supply voltages to the final stages are not fixed - they follow the output signal, dramatically reducing the amount of wasted energy. This also increases performance and reliability.

Q: What about quality? High power amps usually don't sound good, especially at low levels.
A: Possibly true for some high-power PA gear, where the emphasis is on cost and reliability, not on sound quality. In our case, we get the best of both worlds - true audiophile performance at any power level, due to our specific circuit architecture.

Q: But how do you get that much power from an outlet? Is it legal?
A: Actually, you would never need to draw so much power from the outlet, unless you were doing tests under very specific conditions.
Furthermore, power supply to the Apollo is via two high-current sockets which share the load. If any of them is unplugged, the amp will shut down. Average total current draw with music material would rarely approach 10A at 230V mains voltage, 2x11A at 110V, which is well within safety and legal requirements.
High-performance circuit breakers would disconnect the mains in the event of a sustained high current draw - an event that can occur only in case of a severe malfunction.

... etc.

Some people have asked - why would anyone need an amp with such a high power output? What speaker can take it?

- Good question, eh?

Well, who needs a 1,000 horsepower sports car?! Or where can one drive it at 250mph?

Ok, here's the serious answer: I am personally a great fan of live sound. Sometimes I am in the mood to experience my favorite music at the level, at which it was recorded. Need I continue? I guess I'm not alone. We also make excellent amps with 'more reasonable' power ratings, starting at a modest 550W/8 ohm (1000/4) - the Calysto.

Yes, the speaker question is perfectly justified, and yes, not many of the existing systems can handle such peaks at reasonable distortion levels or without compression. But the future is ahead of us. :)

audiosalons
09-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Any plans to exhibit in NA soon?

angel
09-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Since we have a new member here who appears to represent Analog Domain Audio (which I heard at the Hong Kong AV Show) I thought it would be nice to start a thread to allow him to enlighten us a little more about this relatively unknwn brand. :thumbsup:

Angel, over to you and welcome!

howie

Howie, should have started by saying Thank You for the courtesy! What happened to my good manners yesterday... Thank You! :bowdown:
BTW, I do represent Analog Domain.

Any plans to exhibit in NA soon?

Not yet. We have started the process of building our international network of partners. As of today, the NA market is an open opportunity.

Let me share another question I got on several occasions:

Q: How do we know that your company will be around to support your products?

A: Well, how do you know if you will be around to worry about it?

Ok, I'm joking - never would say that to anyone's face, but it's true. There's a popular saying: "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans". I believe that the future is bright, and am doing everything to achieve my goals in the best way. There is no guarantee, period. Plenty of examples of seemingly 'rock-solid' businesses that have vanished overnight. You know the names.

If what we do is appreciated by our customers, the wheel will keep on turning. Simple as that. :)

JemHadar
09-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Did I understand correctly from the website that these amps are fully balanced, from input to output ?

THX

angel
09-19-2010, 11:06 AM
True.

A further advantage is that the audio circuits are built exclusively with discrete components.

two dot
09-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Finally an AMP with REAL power..

angel
09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Munich is famous for many things, among which the Oktoberfest stands out. It starts with a colorful parade that is an absolute audio-visual fiesta. Anyone who has been there knows it - standing by to watch the marching bands, to experience richness and sheer volume of sound is an unforgettable experience.

http://s1.postimage.org/peAj0.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/1f8e1r56s/)

So, if you want to have a chance to re-live this on playback, you need some serious punch in your setup and speakers that can do it gracefully, which is probably the toughest challenge. After all, trying to reproduce the sound of eight 26" bass drums takes a bit more than what your average sub is capable of, be it even a double 18".

Special effects on movies can be even more challenging, but I don't want to get carried away.. :)

One of the beautiful features of the technology we use is that at low output levels all our amps can have exactly the same sonic performance, so finesse is not sacrificed for power.

two dot
09-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Any chance that you will tell us what speakers you use at your listening facility, factory or better yet, Home???

angel
09-20-2010, 01:48 PM
You're asking as if it should be a big secret.

I am now using (and would not part with) a pair of my pre-Analog Domain near-field studio monitors. It's a 2-way system with one 8" LF driver and a soft dome tweeter. I've been using them for over 8 years and know their sound quite well. They do pack a punch, but truthfulness is their edge - probably one of the 'bluntest' speakers ever! For me they are invaluable for assessing performance at low to medium playback levels, especially at close listening distance.

Let me tell you what really got me hooked on high-power setups.

Last year I did a custom installation that featured dedicated amplification in each frequency band, using active 3-way crossovers with DSP. Room size was about 150 sq.m. by 4.5m high. The LF band comprised of eight 18" drivers, paired in 4 enclosures and driven by two of my pre-Analog Domain creations with a total power of 8kW. The remaining two bands, up from 120Hz were also split actively and driven by dedicated amps, respectively 2x1.2kW for the midrange and 2x500W for HF. Everything except the DSP was custom designed and built by yours truly.

That installation sounded just right, at any level, compression-free, effortlessly reproducing even the loudest thumps, bangs, drums, whatever you hit it with. At the same time, it gently brought out the fine details in the recording. It's a little frightening to watch eight 18" cones doing an inch or so of displacement, but when the distortion is low, it's actually quite enjoyable.

I'm sure you are aware that it takes a bit more than just piling up the gear in a room to get good results. Room acoustics account for at least 50% of the sound, and in that case I had the opportunity to 'do things right' all the way. One of the big challenges was to conceal most of it from sight.

I am looking forward to setting up a really good listening room for demonstration and personal enjoyment, hopefully soon. :music:

two dot
09-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Sounds like an incredible system...

Are the speakers that you speak of your own design and build. They sound similar to Audio Note/Snell design, are they?

Thanks. Looking forward to hear more about your products!

Talk2me
09-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Amplifier power is like money, you can never have too much. :thumbsup:

angel
09-30-2010, 07:05 AM
It's all about dynamics and the extra headroom, not about smashing windows or damaging your hearing. :)

Few people realize that 10dB is 10x power, 20dB is 100x. If you are listening to a good recording with a 20dB peak-to-average ratio, at an average power of only 10W the peaks would demand 1,000W to come out clean. Jazz and classical pieces are with the highest dynamics, and that's where it makes a big difference.

@howiebrou: I'd be really interested to know your first impressions from the brief experience at the HK AV Show, or anyone else, who was there. Feel free to share what you did not like too, as it would help me make a beter product. :thumbsup:

Masterlu
09-30-2010, 08:44 AM
It's all about dynamics and the extra headroom, not about smashing windows or damaging your hearing. :)

Few people realize that 10dB is 10x power, 20dB is 100x. If you are listening to a good recording with a 20dB peak-to-average ratio, at an average power of only 10W the peaks would demand 1,000W to come out clean. Jazz and classical pieces are with the highest dynamics, and that's where it makes a big difference.

@howiebrou: I'd be really interested to know your first impressions from the brief experience at the HK AV Show, or anyone else, who was there. Feel free to share what you did not like too, as it would help me make a beter product. :thumbsup:

You could say based on my total power; I agree with you. ;)

howiebrou
10-01-2010, 04:47 AM

Sorry for the belated reply it has been a busy week. I was pretty impressed with the sound at the AV show although i will admit the location in the main hall in one of those non-sound proof units was not ideal. they are great looking products. The sound, if I recall, did not remind me of any one particular brand, may be it was the German Physiks speakers which I am not entirely familiar with. I would be interested in hearing them in a more controlled environment again.

howie

angel
11-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Dear Howiebrou, some good news for you: our Hong Kong Distributor, AudioExotics (http://www.audioexotics.hk/) just received a pair of Calysto amps and has set up a demo system, I believe with Tidal speakers. You could check it out if you'd like to refresh your impressions of ADA amps.

There's also a follow-up on 6moons: HighEnd Suisse 2010 (http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/2010_suisse2/1.html) , submitted by a visitor to the recent High End Swiss event. Here's what he wrote:
One of the best sounds I heard was at the room of a new German company called Analog Domain (http://analogdomain.eu/) whose range of amplifiers use a proprietary circuitry called DXDrive™, which apparently overcomes the problem all solid-state amplifiers face – dynamic bias shift and thermal distortion.
While I can’t explain how they manage, I can vouch ...for the sound. Their Athene monos rated up to 2 kilowatts operating in pure class A in the first watts where most the music happens played John Lee Hooker’s Tupelo in a totally relaxed and non-fatiguing manner that made me want to stay

- not too bad for a first appearance in the homeland of FM Acoustics, Studer, Soulution, and a bunch of other established names in high-performance audio, who were also there. :)

Incidentally, a lot of people spontaneously came up to shake hands after listening to our setup, saying the same words, more or less. I'd be interested to read any comments if anyone comes across them in the net.

angel
12-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Had an interesting auditioning session yesterday. SW Speakers (http://www.swspeakers.com/) 'Magic Flutes' in the foreground, Fischer+Fischer SL1000's (http://www.fischer-fischer.de/sl1000.html) at the side.

Both systems sound quite well, although they are radically different in their design. The Flutes are made of ultra-light high-tech carbon fiber, the SL 1000's are housed in stone and are heavy. Both systems use the same drivers. The SL1000's had a deeper low end extension due to the integral sub-woofers in the system. Calysto amps drving the setup.

Harry Belafonte's live performance of "Leaving Jamaica" featuers some gentle percussion in the second part of the piece, completely missing or reduced to an unintelligible background noise with other electronics. Worth noting is the harsh sibilance some amps produced, presenting the "s"-es more like a whistling sound. The Eagles' Hotel California from "Hell freezes over" produced some long faces in the audience - they heard the drums as they should be for the first time, I guess. The imaging on this recording is near perfect, hats off to the recording crew!

But hey, amps are 'just amps' and are all the same, right!? Never mind, carry on... :thumbsup:

Masterlu
12-04-2010, 05:56 PM
http://audioaficionado.org/attachments/mbl-zanden-dcs-goldmund-esoteric-etc/8177d1291497967-analog-domain-dsc07177.jpg

Now I can see them! :)

Strad's in Nera too, Hhmm...

Masterlu
12-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Howard, it's a sign! ;)

hkval
12-04-2010, 06:12 PM
http://audioaficionado.org/attachments/mbl-zanden-dcs-goldmund-esoteric-etc/8177d1291497967-analog-domain-dsc07177.jpg

Now I can see them! :)

Strad's in Nera too, Hhmm...

I sense Subliminal LuFlu Viral Seduction in your Hhmm...:D

Masterlu
12-04-2010, 06:14 PM
I tell you, it's a sign. The Audio God's are taunting you! :D

-E-
12-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Are you slated to show at CES in January?

angel
12-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Are you slated to show at CES in January?

Nope. CES is not what it used to be, I'm told. Maybe at RMAF next year. :scratch2:
In the meantime - Munich High End '2011 (http://www.highendsociety.de/english/highend/highend.php).

You've seen the Calysto front. Here's the rear panel:

Masterlu
12-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Angel, Sweet!

http://audioaficionado.org/attachments/mbl-zanden-dcs-goldmund-esoteric-etc/8183d1291505229-analog-domain-calysto-back-sm.jpg

jdandy
12-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Analog Domain Calysto in gold.

http://analogdomain.eu/images/stories/products/calysto-gold-big.jpg

jdandy
12-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Analog Domain Calysto in black.

http://analogdomain.eu/images/stories/products/calysto-big.jpg

jdandy
12-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Angel.......While reading your comments in an earlier post in this thread I came upon this question and answer:

Q: But how is it possible to have this much power? Is it a Class D design?
A: It is a Class AB design, but with a "twist" - the supply voltages to the final stages are not fixed - they follow the output signal, dramatically reducing the amount of wasted energy. This also increases performance and reliability.

The "twist", as you put it, the supply voltages to the final stages are not fixed - they follow the output signal, sounds very similar to what the American audio designer Bob Carver was doing years ago with his Magnetic Field Coil Amplifier. In his design, Bob used a power supply whose input switches on and off at an ultrasonic rate to adapt to the varying power demand of the amplifier. Are you familiar with any of Carver's designs, and is there any similarity to Analog Domain's power supply following the output signal?

angel
12-05-2010, 04:38 AM
I'd better show a picture to illustrate what this means:

- the red and blue lines are the supply rail voltages, as seen by the output stage (one half of the amp output shown);
- the green line is the output signal, close to full-scale output in the example;
- the area in the middle, outlined in yellow is the 'Class A' operating region.
When the output signal is within that area, operation is in pure Class A. Outside of it - the opposite half of the output stage is switched off. Within - both sides are in a conducting state.

The beauty of this setup is that it widens the achievable 'Class A' region given the same size heatsinks while improving overall efficiency, as the 'voltage overhead' is minimal compared to the same circuit with fixed supply rail voltages. Crossover distortion is 'non-existant', at least below what is measurable given today's equipment, and certainly way way below the perceptual threshold.

Furthermore, as the supply voltage is low during idling and at low output levels, bias can be driven up, thereby increasing the Class A region while keeping heat output (losses) manageable. A distinct advantage of our technology (the DX Drive) is the way bias is set and maintained, practically eliminating its dependancy on temperature and/or supply voltage variations.

This power supply setup also increases the usable part of the 'Safe Operating Area' of the output devices and their reliability/life expectancy. It allows 'insane' power output levels as the output devices can be used up to and even beyond the breakdown voltage limits in a fixed supply scenario - the non-conducting half sees much less voltage during the off-state.

Bob Carver is a very talented engineer whom I deeply respect. Many of his ideas have inspired my work over the years. The way the 'tracking power supply' principle is implemented in my circuits is radically different from his design, however, for engineering reasons. ;)

angel
12-06-2010, 05:02 AM
Here's another pic from a recent photo session - the Calysto in standby:

http://analogdomain.eu/images/dx9/Calysto-front-sm.jpg

Still-One
12-06-2010, 09:33 AM
This is a very interesting thread. Even though my technical prowess stops at the power button, I enjoy following these discussions.

Jim

jdandy
12-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Angel.......Thank you for the explanation of the Analog Domain power supply. Quite interesting, and far different from Bob Carver's switching power supply.

The last photo you posted is beautiful. The Calysto is a very attractive looking amplifier, and the 10 year transferable warranty is impressive. Heavy, too, at 141 lbs, with a shipping weight of 207 lbs.

angel
12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Dan..... switching power supplies are great, and are getting better every day. But... still not reliable enough for me to use them in these products. And then there's the noise / EMI issue - a real headache if you are after extreme specs. The classic over-sized toroidal transformer is still the most reliable, time - proven solution. When the application does not require light weight, as in touring PA gear, for instance, the weight is of no consequence. The advantages of a linear power supply are significant, and we do not skimp on energy storage capacitors either.

The actual shipping wieght of the Calysto is around 75kg - 165 lbs. We were a bit too conservative, as usual, in the preliminary specs, and then we figured out how to optimize the packaging to reduce the overhead. The specs on our web site will be updated soon in this part, we don't want to scare off people... :lmao:

It's a pity that we have still not found a dealer/ distributor in the US who has the guts to be the pioneer and order a pair, so you can appreciate a no-obligation demo. Long faces are guaranteed, trust me! We recently did a head to head comparison with some 'popular' amps in the same category (don't ask me for the brands, please), and there's no match, to be quite blunt. These babies are the product of over 10 years of research and field tests in the harshest environment - recording studios, and the result has justified the effort. You can't imagine how satisfying it is to hear proffessionals tell me that they are able to work for over 12 hours a day using my custom-built monitoring systems and not feel fatigue.

As far as the 'consumer' market goes, I keep hearing the same old crap story: that we need to be around for 2-3 years, to have reviews in the press and a Distributor. Enter Catch 22: magazines will not write if there is no distributor, and a distributor will not be interested if there are no reviews, dating at least a year back. So, it appears that we'd be stuck at square one even after 3 years..
It's nice that not all people think alike - we already have a partner in HK, other countries are coming up.

This got me thinking: what's a review worth? It's increasingly common to read a rave review of an evidently mediocre product. How do you know that if you were not there with the 'self-appointed Golden Ear' your stomach would not be convulsing with disgust from the sound he's raving about? When the over-hyped piece of **** is in your living room, it's a bit too late, ist't it? So, what's it worth?? And it doesn't take the brains of Einstein to figure out what enhanced the reviewer's listening experience..

Anyway, that day will come. I am a patient man. :)

Here's how we pack them:

howiebrou
12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks Angel.

I'm going to go and check them out. Do you know if they would be willing to do a home demo? I am more than willing to be your guinea pig!

Howie

Dear Howiebrou, some good news for you: our Hong Kong Distributor, AudioExotics (http://www.audioexotics.hk/) just received a pair of Calysto amps and has set up a demo system, I believe with Tidal speakers. You could check it out if you'd like to refresh your impressions of ADA amps.

There's also a follow-up on 6moons: HighEnd Suisse 2010 (http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/2010_suisse2/1.html) , submitted by a visitor to the recent High End Swiss event. Here's what he wrote:

- not too bad for a first appearance in the homeland of FM Acoustics, Studer, Soulution, and a bunch of other established names in high-performance audio, who were also there. :)

Incidentally, a lot of people spontaneously came up to shake hands after listening to our setup, saying the same words, more or less. I'd be interested to read any comments if anyone comes across them in the net.

angel
12-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Your opinion has infinitely higher value than what a (paid) reviewer would say, Howie, at least for me. The home demo - discuss it with JLam. If you are seriously considering a purchase, I'm sure you will come to an agreement. I'll let him know that you will call. :thumbsup:

We're seriously thinking to be at next year's RMAF. If there is interest among the community here, I could come over for a demo early next year, provided there is a suitable venue and suporting equipment - sources, speakers & other stuff. The best evaluation would be to substitute just the power amps in an existing 'top flight' configuration, which has a known performance. Then the differences would be most obvious. One issue that has come up is "local support", which is a justified concern, however, given today's easy access to any part of the globe, it makes little difference where the "support hub" is located. Furthermore, our stuff is "built to last forever". In the extremely unlikely event of a malfunction, we're fully prepared to deal with it swiftly. Customer satisfaction is on the top of my list.

Oh, by the way - we're long past the 'guinea pig' phase. I used professional recording engineers for that, and they not only survived, but are coming back for more! :banana:

-E-
12-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Customers are always guinea pigs that will find more out about your product than any "professional recording engineer" ever will. It's also the customer's ears you must please.

I'm very pleased to read your commitment to customer satisfaction. I can say that I am very intrigued by your product line and would love to give those tires a kick on our side of the pond. ;)

I'd really like to hear these 4KW amps on a pair of XRT2K's or 1K's... something that can handle the power (not just at peaks but sustained). Would be an interesting demo, indeed.

angel
12-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Customers are always guinea pigs that will find more out about your product than any "professional recording engineer" ever will. It's also the customer's ears you must please.

I'm very pleased to read your commitment to customer satisfaction. I can say that I am very intrigued by your product line and would love to give those tires a kick on our side of the pond. ;)

I'd really like to hear these 4KW amps on a pair of XRT2K's or 1K's... something that can handle the power (not just at peaks but sustained). Would be an interesting demo, indeed.

Do you believe that the XRT2K's are up to it..? :smoking:

Ok, just kidding. The nature of music is such that 'average power' will always be below 10-15% of the peak value, or even less over time. The electronics of the Apollo would have no problem delivering a sustained sine wave into 4 ohms (8kW), which would definitely fry the speakers, but that's not music.

The important spec for speaker systems is the so called "1dB compression power" - this is the power level at which the sound output lags behind by 1 dB from what it should be. It is the actual limit of the linear performance range, and when exceeded, the speaker turns into a hotplate. It's very rare to see this specification in 'consumer' equipment, but it's mandatory so you know how far you can drive your speakers and keep distortion within reasonable limits, also to correctly design your system.

angel
12-07-2010, 03:05 PM
By the way, I do agree with you regarding the different perspectives of Audiophiles vs. recording engineers.

There's a fundamental difference in the decision-making process: while Audiophiles will be greatly influenced by 'religious aspects', and probably hear a lot more than their ears pick up, when selling to professionals it's an entirely different game. They don't give a sh*t about brands. For them these are tools, and just like with any tool, performance is the top priority. They do not need someone to tell them what they are hearing, because they know what they should be hearing and trust their own ears. Unlike Audiophiles, who will hear anything you tell them, and be easily led by the nose (... and I say this with a deep regret for the state of things in the high end audio market).

I am comforted by the thought that you can't be rich and dumb at the same time. Not for long, at least. So, smart money will find its way to products with genuine value. :yes:

wizard
10-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Exclusive interview with Analog Domain - Angel Despotov

MONO and STEREO Ultra High-End audio magazine (http://www.monoandstereo.com/2011/10/exclusive-interview-with-analog-domain.html)

Masterlu
10-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Exclusive interview with Analog Domain - Angel Despotov

MONO and STEREO Ultra High-End audio magazine (http://www.monoandstereo.com/2011/10/exclusive-interview-with-analog-domain.html)

Funny Shirt, Good Article...

metaphacts
10-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Funny Shirt, Good Article...

Interesting guy. With the right help, he could go a long way.

angel
10-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Hi guys!

It's been a while since my last visit here, quite a busy year actually. I'm happy to see that my recent interview has caused some excitement :)
If you want more, please visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Analog-Domain-Audio/133301766706622

So, here's the good news: Analog Domain is finally ready to come across the pond. We are considering to make our debut in the USA at the upcoming NEW YORK AUDIO & AV SHOW, the Waldorf Astoria in Manhattan, 13/15 April 2012. Link: The Chester Group (http://www.chestergroup.org/)

To take things a step further, I am seriously thinking to set up a manufacturing operation in the US, to serve the Americas and Canada. "Proudly handcrafted in the U.S.A." sounds good to me. What do you think?

And to make it even sweeter, I'm looking for a serious partner to set up and share the business with. With rumors in the air of Krell about to go belly-up, someone's got to take that vacant position. Why not ADA?! :)

Enjoy your weekend and drop me a line if this sounds interesting.

JemHadar
10-30-2011, 08:30 AM
@Angel...would love to hear more on what appears to be an AD PreAmp ?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-79c9J0pEij8/Tp7F4vDD29I/AAAAAAAABY4/y_khgFsUYlA/s640/analog-domain-isis.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zwpfzFg0_Uk/Tp7GJaAw5fI/AAAAAAAABZA/2cNHXPSFtS4/s640/analog-domain-2.jpg

THX

angel
10-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Hello Jacques,

This is the upcoming ISIS integrated amp from ADA due to be ready by the end of this year. The photos are of the prototype, which has undergone some cosmetic revisions. The final product will look much better.

The specs will essentially be the same as all our present monoblocks, as it is based on the same uncompromising core circuit. Inside the box are actually 4 power amps, working two by two in tandem to provide a fully symmetrical dual bridged setup.

Power output: 2x200Wrms/8ohm; 2x350W/4ohm.
Sound quality: ADA style.
Price tag: around 18k EUR all-inclusive.
Warranty: 10 years.

One interesting comment came up on the recent show in Zurich from the wife of a customer: she suggested we make a 'satinised' finish, so dust would not be as obvious and cleaning would be easier than mirror chrome.
Presto! In response we are adding a 'satin stainless steel' finish option, which will be available on the ISIS.

WAF at 100%, whatever it takes. :)

A similarly styled preamp is also in the final stages, to be announced soon.

metaphacts
10-30-2011, 06:20 PM
Hello Jacques,

This is the upcoming ISIS integrated amp from ADA due to be ready by the end of this year. The photos are of the prototype, which has undergone some cosmetic revisions. The final product will look much better.

The specs will essentially be the same as all our present monoblocks, as it is based on the same uncompromising core circuit. Inside the box are actually 4 power amps, working two by two in tandem to provide a fully symmetrical dual bridged setup.

Power output: 2x200Wrms/8ohm; 2x350W/4ohm.
Sound quality: ADA style.
Price tag: around 18k EUR all-inclusive.
Warranty: 10 years.

One interesting comment came up on the recent show in Zurich from the wife of a customer: she suggested we make a 'satinised' finish, so dust would not be as obvious and cleaning would be easier than mirror chrome.
Presto! In response we are adding a 'satin stainless steel' finish option, which will be available on the ISIS.

WAF at 100%, whatever it takes. :)

A similarly styled preamp is also in the final stages, to be announced soon.

Angel, it sounds like you will need a partner who understands focus, planning and positioning. Find that and you'll be in good shape.

JemHadar
11-22-2011, 11:12 AM
This looks like a new look for the Calysto and Artemis.

Is that a 'satin stainless steel' finish ?....stunning :thumbsup:

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attachments/mbl-dcs-goldmund-esoteric-etc/13537d1321974510-analog-domain-m2_new.jpg

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=13538&d=1321974532

...if ever these are on active display in Belgium...please let us know.

wizard
11-22-2011, 04:05 PM
The Athene amps with the big and special Ante Audio Supersonic One Speakers at Slovakian Hifi Show.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XYUGZIPCGWA/TsupHOlyBEI/AAAAAAAADm4/IWbPVx8DxT4/s1600/brat0.jpg

Johnbr
11-22-2011, 05:09 PM
I like the old look best would love to here it in Canada some day

Masterlu
11-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Johnbr... Welcome! :wave:

jwhite613
11-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Johnbr... Welcome To AA!!!

:welcome2.:

wizard
11-22-2011, 09:53 PM
The Athene
http://cybwiz.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v33/p305746368-5.jpg

Price €110,000 pr

Johnbr
11-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks love the look of the Athene they would great in a Film music room.

Johnbr
11-25-2011, 11:48 PM
I can not post the photo of it but love the very clean lines of your new pre.

Johnbr
01-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Are you going to ces it could help you get in the to the USA/Canada market.If you go good luck.

Johnbr
02-29-2012, 08:34 PM
I see you going to NY show the best of luck at the show.

Johnbr
02-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Here is there new PreAmp

Pavel.
03-15-2012, 01:15 PM
But these Analog Domain, how they sound? They are just music or "muscles" and little refinement?
What could be approached as a philosophy of sound?

Johnbr
03-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Any info on the new amp they have.

JemHadar
03-17-2012, 05:16 AM

These are amps from a different company

Digital Do Main is a Japanese company and has nothing to do with Analog Domain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_do_MaiN

http://www.digital-do-main.com/

don't expect too much from their site...it is in Japanese and there are no pictures

Pavel.
03-18-2012, 07:25 AM

I write from Italy, where virtually nothing is known about this amplification. Could you tell me who has this kind of sound amplification?
thanks

Johnbr
03-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Here is a mini review
Wizard High-End Audio Blog: Analog Domain (http://cybwiz.blogspot.ca/search/label/Analog%20Domain)

wizard
05-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Analog Domain at Highend 2012

Here's the new Artemis Mk II amps using the new M2 chassis.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--7u49J8-3cI/T6sgau7qivI/AAAAAAAAFis/CLfkPmtZN8Q/s1600/munich_jueves_0011.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Lz__eZ-xqGA/T6sgiiutgPI/AAAAAAAAFi0/Z38IrVgfAQs/s1600/munich_jueves_0012.jpg

Above the rca input there are 3 switches:
Input - rca or xlr
Gain - full or 26dB
Meter - high, low and auto

At the bottom to the rignt there is a ground connector - to connect for example a Tripoint Troy.

Size WxHxD - 440x255x586mm
Weight is 70kg net each

wizard
05-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Analog Domain amps can be customized - here's an amp in silver and without the front meter.

http://cybwiz.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v34/p480989062-4.jpg

Johnbr
05-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Here are some spec's on my dream amp.
Peak output - 1000/2000watt 8/4 ohms
Input impedance - 10k
Frequency range - 1Hz - 100kHz
Damping factor - > 1000 4ohm
S/N - 134dB Aw
Weight - 70kg net each
Size - WxHxD - 440x255x586mm

C2300MC275
05-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Blimey - these amps pack some serious muscle. Would love to hear them.

Johnbr
06-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Here is a good small review of one of there amps.
Wizard High-End Audio Blog: Analog Domain Calysto vs Goldmund Telos 3500 - part 2 (http://cybwiz.blogspot.ca/2012/06/analog-domain-calysto-vs-goldmund-telos.html)

howiebrou
06-25-2012, 04:04 AM
Here is a good small review of one of there amps.
Wizard High-End Audio Blog: Analog Domain Calysto vs Goldmund Telos 3500 - part 2 (http://cybwiz.blogspot.ca/2012/06/analog-domain-calysto-vs-goldmund-telos.html)

I think the reviewer is also the distributor.:scratch2:

angel
07-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Blimey - these amps pack some serious muscle. Would love to hear them.

Hi guys!

It's been a while since my last visit to AA.

Well, as they say: be careful what you wish for, 'cos it usually happens! :)

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all who are interested to gain a first hand experience with our amps. We'll be attending the upcoming RMAF, room #570 in the Atrium. Two of our Artemis amps will be driving a very special pair of loudspeakers from Goebel High End - the Epoque Reference, featuring their proprietary 'bending wave' driver - another debut on the US audio scene.

The special thing about this driver is that it covers the entire range from 180Hz up to beyond 25kHz. Phase coherency is intrinsic, and as a result, the imaging, resolution and depth are outstanding. Distortion is very low, there is no 'breakup mode', its 'waterfall plot' is near perfect, ... well, just come and listen, and be sure to bring along a favorite CD, so at least that 'unknown' is out of the equation.

Check out the info on the RMAF site from time to time, where details will be posted.

See you there! :thumbsup:

Masterlu
07-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi Angel :wave:

I will see you at RMAF!

Johnbr
07-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Good luck at the show wish I had known you were going sooner.

JemHadar
07-25-2012, 07:52 AM
Two of our Artemis amps will be driving a very special pair of loudspeakers from Goebel High End - the Epoque Reference, featuring their proprietary 'bending wave' driver - another debut on the US audio scene.

Although only 4 of the 12 cones are active I assume this speaker radiates as a dipole

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=18488&stc=1&d=1343216854

BTW...noticed in a lot of shots that this speaker is paired with Burmester gear.

Variety is the spice of life... hence I'm very curious how Analog Domain amps would compare to e.g. Burmester 909 Mk5 purely from a sonic signature point of view ?

Masterlu
07-25-2012, 10:22 AM
They look like two giant telephones. :scratch2:

wizard
07-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Goebel at Highend 2012.
The sound was very good, my 5th place best sound at the show.

http://www.my-hiend.com/leoyeh/2012b/IMG_1061gg.jpg

angel
07-25-2012, 04:51 PM
The speakers are good, very good actually. At first I also expected a dipole-like response, but in reality the sound field in the rear direction only enhances the 'ambiance', without creating the conditions for interfering multiple reflections in a typical room. One reason is that the woofers are frequency-limited by the crossover to work below 180Hz, and sound in that range tends to be free of directionality, which is true for any speaker system, even when the woofer is on the front baffle.
The mids and highs in the rear direction are attenuated by the design of the flat panel - most of the energy is radiated forward, approaching a 180-degree pattern in the horizontal and vertical planes, which is also a good thing, producing a wider 'sweet spot'. A point-source with a wide dispersion angle has the advantage is that the sound does not change if you are sitting or standing - a very annoying aspect of multi-way speaker designs, where you move 6 inches or stand up and lose a whole section of the orchestra...

In all fairness, when I heard the speakers for the first time the sound was far from what I expected, and not in the right direction. The electronics that they have in their showroom is crap. Sorry! I won't name the brand, it does not matter, although it is one of those highly-hyped names. Whatever...

Second time around I brought along a funny-looking pair of early prototypes of the Athene. One is in black, the other in chrome, and both are with the wrong rear panel, but whatever. They may look a little strange side by side, but in terms of performance - ... :)
I also brought along a source and an almost-working prototype of the line stage that (I hope and pray) will be ready by the end of this year. One of my favorite recordings is Marcus Miller's 'Live & more' - an outstanding example of live sound played with passion and recorded right. It gave me the goosebumps, and then I was hooked. Oliver Goebel, the gentleman who invested his knowledge, passion, time and money to create these lovely speakers finally heard what they were up to. Then we substituted a component, and the sound stage collapsed. Just proves that all components need to be "right" in a setup to achieve the maximum, and it takes just one to ruin the whole experience.

So, to end this long and boring post, come over and listen for yourself at the RMAF. I know that the price tag on the system will be way beyond most people's budget, but then again - we do take our pills regularly and every cent is justified.

Let us entertain you and have some fun with good sound, even if you are not planning to swap your house for a stereo. :)

angel
07-25-2012, 06:16 PM
To avoid a misunderstanding - the electronics I refer to above were NOT Burmester.

@Johnbr: we are coming to stay. About the time of the RMAF our local distribution will be fully set up, including a team of technicians to assist in customer installations and to handle any other technical issues that might come up. Next show appearance would probably be in NYC in early spring, followed by the Newport Beach show in Irvine, CA.

o0OBillO0o
10-14-2012, 11:52 AM
How did the 2012 RMAF go?

US Dealers?

MSRP? dare I ask..

Johnbr
10-15-2012, 12:52 AM
How is the Pre/amp coming a long.

Johnbr
10-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Found a great sounding review here.http://www.audioexotics.hk/index.php?option=com_simplestforum&view=topiclist&forumId=1&Itemid=

The Artemis is a deceptive amplifier. If you judge by its looks you would assume it is an amp with power and control, and you will be right. Bass is superb. Soundstage is expansive. Every piece of music is handled with ease with much to spare. It delivers the grandeur of a symphony and then some more. The noise floor is incredibly low and makes live music especially enjoyable because you capture every detail.

What surprises me though is that the Artemis also handles delicates passages of music extremely well, be they female vocals or piano sonatas. Vocals are very detailed and hence carry a sense of immediacy and often sweetness. You do not find that in many big blocs. What you also do not find is any hint of the sound being over-analytical or dry. My experience with high-powered amps is that they can often produce great sounds but not great music. The Artemis is all great music.

Does the music produced by the Artemis sound like real, live music? Sorry, if we measure by that loft goal we are bound to be disappointed, as my recent visits to the Berlin Philharmonia and the Boston Symphony Hall tell me. On reflection I also would prefer the music to have a bit more the luxurious/glorious tone that amps like FM acoustics produce, although I am sure all of you in the Forum will say that is coloration. But as an overall package the Artemis is really excellent in every dimension and breaks new ground, and it stretches my horizons. In my view this is a must-hear, whether you are looking for an amp at this price range or not, and whether big solid-state amps are historically your cup of tea or not.

Having said that I am sure PT and JLam will bring out the Athene and the Apollo in due course, which will once again show that there are always better amps out there! But kudos to PT and JLam -- where and how could you find such great products that are so little known

panjan
11-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Hi, Gents!

I'm the new one here, my name is Lucas and I come from Poland.
Firstly - sorry for my poor english. I hope you understand me well :)

I'm writing in this topic, because I'm seriously interested in buying Athene or Apollo. I'm moving into a new house soon and plan new audio.
The room will have an area of ​​about 1000 sq ft. My old system with the Wilson sasha and Krell will be too small. Now I plan something really serious with Wilson XLF and has just thought of Analog Domain. What do you think? The source would be probably something from dCS. Maybe Scarlatti or Vivaldi.
In Poland, it's difficult to find information about the Analog Domain. Honestly? It's difficult anywhere. I know that this company is still developing, but I have a feeling it will be a hit. I know from experience that only high power allows you to feel the music, like it was played live and Analog Domain can fit perfectly here.

I know that AD comes from Germany. In my country we do not have an official dealer, but I thought that maybe I could come for amplifiers. It's not far from me, so it will not be a big problem.
But - what do you think about this combination? dCS - Analog Domain - Wilson XLF? As preamp I would use something from Audio Research, maybe Ref 10?

Luc.

panjan
11-22-2012, 01:36 PM
mistake - 1000 sq ft od course :)

Johnbr
05-07-2013, 06:49 PM
A/D say they are to show a new amp at the High End Show Munich 2013.

miziq
05-14-2013, 03:50 AM
During the show I was invited to 'secret' location by the Angel and accompanied by his son Plamen and Fabian from Zellaton.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XIHFiQaTiw0/UZHpBa7nn-I/AAAAAAAAJ-8/Ey7fMEIxl20/s640/analog_domain_best_amplifer_in_the_world_matej_isa k_mono_and_stereo_review.png

Half-hour later across Munich I witnessed *something so special and out of box, that will change the way we perceive high-end audio amplification. This is actually a matter of ultra high end and even as prototype an Uber amp candidate without a thought. For this actually I’ll have to figure out a new name. Transcending perhaps?

<< Read more >>

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/05...r-circuit.html

JemHadar
05-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Any news on the Analog Domain Pre-Amp ?

Masterlu
05-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Any news on the Analog Domain Pre-Amp ?

I can drop Angel a line.

miziq
05-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Angel told me it's in the works and coming after the new integrated.

JSCC
05-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Angel told me it's in the works and coming after the new integrated.

Just for laughs ... If they can make an integrated, they could just mod it by taking out the power section and Presto! You have a Pre-Amp! :D

So Angel is right that it IS in the works ... of course, in better way than I have just joked about. :thumbsup:

wizard
05-24-2013, 12:23 PM
I heard Isis in the Zellaton showroom - and this was by clear margin the best sound in Munich.

Isis will be coming I think in October.

audioforever
06-12-2013, 02:12 AM
I heard Isis in the Zellaton showroom - and this was by clear margin the best sound in Munich.

Isis will be coming I think in October.

Hi wizard,
did listen to the Isis at the High End show. My opinion: no best sound candidate but too less good sound for the money.
audioforever

angel
07-23-2013, 09:38 AM
That's funny - I don't remember anyone else at the private demo of the Isis so it must have been a ghost... The Isis prototype was never at the show, which casts a shadow of doubt over the purpose of the above post. :)

wizard
07-23-2013, 03:47 PM
That's funny - I don't remember anyone else at the private demo of the Isis so it must have been a ghost... The Isis prototype was never at the show, which casts a shadow of doubt over the purpose of the above post. :)

http://cybwiz.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v83/p1605304768-3.jpg

At the Zellaton showroom during the show, it was the Isis prototype on the floor?

The sound from this setup, was one of the best I've ever heard, and none of the setups at MOC wasn't close to the sound from the Studio Ref. speakers.

audioforever
08-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Sorry angel, Isis of course is the analog Domain amp and not a loudspeaker. Indeed I wanted to refer to the Zellaton loudspeaker heard by wizard in the Zellaton showroom. Mea culpa.

wizard
12-31-2013, 02:37 AM
http://cybwiz.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v104/p205873316-4.jpg

Isis 75D+75P

Wizard High-End Audio Blog: Analog Domain The Isis (http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2013/12/analog-domain-isis.html)

JemHadar
12-31-2013, 06:14 AM
THX for posting...it looks stunning.

Interesting concept to combine an integrated with a separate poweramp.

Prices look good.

Any news on the pre-amp ?

miziq
01-01-2014, 06:00 AM
By the requests here are more high-res pictures of Analog Domain The Isis. Plamen just kindly sent in the full batch.

Mono and Stereo High-End Audio Magazine: Analog Domain The Isis pictures (http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/01/analog-domain-isis-pictures.html)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uAMJF17wYew/UsPmHW6IZlI/AAAAAAAAROE/2w2KvC6cuqU/s640/M75A+&+M50+White+set+front.jpg

wizard
01-01-2014, 07:00 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gKpb_oy7-qU/UsPz9D5CZrI/AAAAAAAAPTM/MHOee2Kw3pQ/s1600/isis_specs.jpg

ILUVAUDIO
02-08-2014, 10:05 PM
To liven up this thread....Angel, on the back of one of the images of the rear of an amp, I saw some print that said 230v. Can one of your amps be set for 230/240v in case a future US customer wants to run some 240v into their listening room along with some 120v??

Anyway, are you coming to any of the North American shows in 2014 like AXPONA, THE Show Newport Beach, or, RMAF 2014??

Cheers,

angel
02-10-2014, 03:57 AM
Hi there! The picture is of a 230-volt version of a high-power monoblock. Its power supply is configured at the factory for the desired voltage.

RMAF is very likely.

Cheers,

A.

miziq
06-07-2014, 07:35 PM
To heat it up a bit. Analog Domain at High End show Munich 2014:

Mono and Stereo High-End Audio Magazine: Analog Domain at High End show Munich 2014 (http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/06/analog-domain-at-high-end-show-munich.html)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LR_8XjH-Qgw/U5OdDJP_AhI/AAAAAAAAfO0/jgTw-v9WR24/s1600/Screen+Shot+2014-06-08+at+01.14.53.jpg

o0OBillO0o
01-26-2015, 02:28 AM
So any news here? These amps always get my attention.

miziq
01-26-2015, 03:49 AM
Analog Domain Isis integrated amplifier review is still fresh:

Mono and Stereo High-End Audio Magazine: Analog Domain Isis integrated amplifier review and test (http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/11/analog-domain-isis-integrated-amplifier_30.html)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SAurDQEgp2E/VHtzJiS9KPI/AAAAAAAAvrE/FpKqJPy9coc/s1600/analog_domain_test_review_27.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BBDCelljAvQ/VHtzEy1x_aI/AAAAAAAAvqA/AXSfZJSyQvI/s1600/10818260_776333762403416_6809958725453025047_o_1.j pg

Glisse
01-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Analog Domain Isis integrated amplifier review is still fresh:

Mono and Stereo High-End Audio Magazine: Analog Domain Isis integrated amplifier review and test (http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/11/analog-domain-isis-integrated-amplifier_30.html)

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed reading the review.

One issue confused me. There was an implication that you preferred the sound when using your Robert Koda preamp, with the Isis as a power amp. Yet there was also an implication that you bought the Isis integrated you reviewed (rather than the power amp version).

I appreciate that the Robert Koda is a very highly regarded preamp, but is there a weakness with the Isis preamp stage?

wizard
02-20-2015, 02:20 PM
http://www.my-hiend.com/leoyeh2/2014d/IMG_6289ss.jpg

http://www.my-hiend.com/leoyeh2/2014d/IMG_6296ss.jpg

o0OBillO0o
02-20-2015, 03:07 PM
WOW- THAT!

Excellent photography! I feel like I can touch it!

wizard
02-27-2015, 01:36 AM
http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=27807&d=1425013915

http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=27808&d=1425013927

http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=27809&d=1425013935

C2300MC275
02-02-2016, 03:33 PM
I just purchased this integrated after a home audition all weekend. It is absolutely stunning - so much unlimited energy from such a diminutive package. Build quality is up there with the very best if that is important to you.

JemHadar
02-02-2016, 05:16 PM
I just purchased this integrated after a home audition all weekend. It is absolutely stunning - so much unlimited energy from such a diminutive package. Build quality is up there with the very best if that is important to you.

Congratulations and enjoy in good health.

Which one of the model(s) did you purchase ?

Pictures would be nice ;-)

The Isis is definitely on my shortlist.

C2300MC275
02-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Hi Jem,

I bought the Isis with remote volume control and in the other for finish that has a matt silver top. I find the chrome one too bling for me. I have to wait 4-6 weeks to get my one but will post pics when it arrives.

Higgens
02-04-2016, 07:24 PM
I'll bet the marketing department is kicking themselves for naming their new integrated Isis. Unfortunate model name designation for what appears to be a very fine piece of equipment.

JemHadar
02-05-2016, 03:49 AM
Hi Jem,

I bought the Isis with remote volume control and in the other for finish that has a matt silver top. I find the chrome one too bling for me. I have to wait 4-6 weeks to get my one but will post pics when it arrives.

Thank You...really looking forward to it. I have not yet seen pictures of the actual remote control unit. I'm considering selling my McIntosh 501's for one or two Isis amps. What amp(s) will it replace for you ?

C2300MC275
02-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Thank You...really looking forward to it. I have not yet seen pictures of the actual remote control unit. I'm considering selling my McIntosh 501's for one or two Isis amps. What amp(s) will it replace for you ?

Hi,

I currently use the massive Krell 750mcx monoblocks with an Audio Research Ref 3 preamp. It is staggering that the Analo Domain could sound more powerful but it does. Madness.

wizard
03-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Isis is now called M75.

Models:
M75D - €18000
M75P - €16200

Soon the P1 preamp will be released at €39000.

JemHadar
03-26-2016, 05:38 AM
Hi, I currently use the massive Krell 750mcx monoblocks with an Audio Research Ref 3 preamp. It is staggering that the Analo Domain could sound more powerful but it does. Madness.

How did bass performance compare to the Krell amps ?

Thank you

JemHadar
07-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Teaser

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attachments/mbl-dcs-goldmund-gryphon-etc/46758d1469718326-analog-domain-image-2758987189.jpg

...to be continued... In a new thread

jdandy
07-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Jacques.......

Ooo La La

JemHadar
07-28-2016, 03:15 PM
Jacques....... Ooo La La

For now I have the unit connected to my C1000.

First impressions.... WOW... It is like having new speakers....

AD is not Analog Domain
AD is not Angel Despotov

AD is ALIEN DOMAIN. The bass...oh my the BASS... Not of this world.....

Sorry for the crappy picture...but I'm a little blown away.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attachments/mbl-dcs-goldmund-gryphon-etc/46759d1469733304-analog-domain-image-3553817479.jpg

jdandy
07-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Jacques.......Fabuleux. :applause:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-StCdrdTVlS8/Ve7CJ33D6lI/AAAAAAABDyk/ZHDt-m2nwCE/s640/analog_domain_isis_review_matej_isak_%2B-%2B13-1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XzFIh39UmVQ/VHrhxeUUb4I/AAAAAAAAvno/AxhxeGtaL_k/w1200-h630-p-nu/10818260_776333762403416_6809958725453025047_o_1.j pg

miziq
07-28-2016, 04:12 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AYBtB3FjbOI/V35Tcd5lAxI/AAAAAAABggM/O9onAFHZna0ZEcRxS8OD-_zVVpX4mwKlwCK4B/s1600/analog_domain_m75_new_upgrade_mk2_review_matej_isa k_2016_2017_mono_and_stereo%2B-%2B5-1.jpg

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PM51heIz704/V35TcXZ6RrI/AAAAAAABgf8/4fOoSTGFaic3uTnD28D0HyBNnhke3c8LACK4B/s640/analog_domain_m75_new_upgrade_mk2_review_matej_isa k_2016_2017_mono_and_stereo%2B-%2B21-1.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-867EzZ5tETo/V35TccNxhrI/AAAAAAABgg8/oZsUtfb1w04ls9DulwPrpc1_I2HVBwS2QCK4B/s1600/analog_domain_m75_new_upgrade_mk2_review_matej_isa k_2016_2017_mono_and_stereo%2B-%2B12-1.jpg

Mono and Stereo High-End Audio Magazine: Analog Domain M75 integrated amplifier - upgraded version (http://www.monoandstereo.com/2016/07/analog-domain-m75-integrated-amplifier.html)

JemHadar
07-28-2016, 04:21 PM
These pics are also from the Mono and Stereo site. All credit to the original poster. This is the interior of the revision 2 model.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attachments/mbl-dcs-goldmund-gryphon-etc/46760d1469737209-analog-domain-image-3110490199.jpg

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attachments/mbl-dcs-goldmund-gryphon-etc/46761d1469737239-analog-domain-image-649314541.jpg

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attachments/mbl-dcs-goldmund-gryphon-etc/46762d1469737276-analog-domain-image-1365840511.jpg

More detailed comments will follow.... But my, my, what a piece of kit. One thing is for sure...I will not have to buy subwoofers anymore.

46760 46761 46762

wizard
08-07-2016, 01:22 PM
At My-Hiend

https://scontent.fsvg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13661896_208864866182512_5778241374371930175_o.jpg

https://scontent.fsvg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13662146_208864862849179_7666015922564350665_o.jpg

wizard
08-08-2016, 08:54 AM
https://scontent.fsvg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13662280_208864899515842_5935184579185070545_o.jpg

https://scontent.fsvg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13717267_208864909515841_8581069328691090240_o.jpg

https://scontent.fsvg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13913727_208864906182508_829651524275347805_o.jpg

https://scontent.fsvg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13920342_208864939515838_380938744698986541_o.jpg

wizard
08-11-2016, 12:24 AM
https://scontent.fsvg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13662354_211119922623673_6468985749116460598_o.jpg

https://scontent.fsvg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13661977_211119925957006_175417113923851147_o.jpg

https://scontent.fsvg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13923581_211119915957007_1053975423111535970_o.jpg

piolaxo
08-11-2016, 12:57 AM
That's a pair of very good looking amps... Amazing. Thanks for sharing.

djwhog
08-11-2016, 09:14 AM
WOW nice system, congrats and thanks for the post and pics!

wizard
08-11-2016, 03:34 PM
https://scontent.fsvg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13895422_1074790909278131_5630110417810098553_n.jp g?oh=86a763e5651fc217ef707d165e90033b&oe=585549F3

wizard
08-11-2016, 03:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVGFuTkLdVo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHeesJn4kgg

jdandy
08-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Angel.......That was quite startling to watch you splash water on your pair of mono block amplifiers.

wpascoe
08-11-2016, 09:18 PM
Angel.......That was quite startling to watch you splash water on your pair of mono block amplifiers.

Agreed! What was the point of that demonstration, other than to show the amps are impervious to the kind of accidents caused by drunk friends who would never be allowed that close to amps in the first place? :scratching head:

angel
10-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Not necessarily drunk friends. It could be you tripping over the maze of ultra mega cables, your morning cup of coffee in hand, or your evening cognac/champagne/hot chocolate, or your nearest and dearest watering that precious plant. Whatever.. these amps won't mind.

By the way, anything wrong with inviting friends over and getting drunk? :D