PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Ject Turntables

Masterlu
08-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Anyone else like these tables? I had a few other inquiries and was thinking of picking them up.

Vintage Pete
08-22-2010, 09:50 PM
I like them. :yes:

Pete

Tonepub
08-23-2010, 12:58 AM
What customer do you want to service with something like this...

audiosoul
08-23-2010, 07:38 AM
That is highly dependent on what models you are talking about. Some of thier less expensive models are pure junk. I am thinking Debute 3.......

ian@pmc
08-23-2010, 12:22 PM
I have a Pro-Ject RM5se and I like it... But from what I can tell, the only tables worth checking out with these guys are the models above a grand... Rega however are great at any price...

Masterlu
08-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I have a Pro-Ject RM5se and I like it... But from what I can tell, the only tables worth checking out with these guys are the models above a grand... Rega however are great at any price...

I agree :thumbsup:

Vintage Pete
08-23-2010, 12:37 PM
The one I looked at here locally went for about $1200 I think...I liked it

Pete

Volks
08-23-2010, 12:44 PM
I had the Project Debut III.......it was ok
It had a kinda cheap feel to it.But
It was under 400$.Clearaudio Concept I am happy
With this TT deeply

Tonepub
08-23-2010, 12:56 PM
If it were me, I'd grab Rega and Clearaudio. Much higher quality....
Wider line of cartridges to choose from as well. The nice thing about the Rega stuff is that with their three point cartridge setup, you can send a customer out the door with a table and cartridge, (and ship it this way too) and all they have to do is set tracking force when they get home. Super easy....

Less fuss, means less chance for the customer to get it wrong and more chance for you to look like a hero!

Same with the Clearaudio Concept. You can get it with the Concept MC pre installed and for a lot of people, that will be a rocking combination. If they get hooked on the Clearaudio sound, the sky's the limit with tables and cartridges.

MC352
08-23-2010, 03:52 PM
I had the lower end Project, and it was kind of OK.

I got the Rega P3, with the external PS, put a Groovetracer sub platter on it, and a Ortofon 2M Black, and I have been enjoying it a lot.

ehoove
08-23-2010, 04:42 PM
I owned a Pro-Ject RM5se and liked the table very much. I have a Pro-Ject 9cc tonearm mounted on my modified Thorens TD160 and extremely happy with the result running a Sumiko Blackbird cartridge.
Regards,
Jim

btf1980
08-23-2010, 08:17 PM
I like Pro-ject because they offer ranges for all people & budgets. The debut III is clearly an entry level deck for perhaps a younger person or someone without the funds. It's under $400, I would not call it trash. It is priced appropriately for the demographic it's intended for.

I think for "audiophiles", things don't start looking up until you get to the RPM5 and up. The Perspex, RPM 6.1, RPM 9 series, RM 10 series and Xtension are the real deal. The Xtension is one of the best under $5K tables I have ever heard.