PDA

View Full Version : Ayon CD-5 vs. AMR 77.1

JohnThomas
04-02-2010, 10:31 AM
I posted this on Audiogon but know I will get better opinions from you guys. I think? :scratch2:

I had the opportunity to listen to the Audio Research CD-8 and really like the tube sound. As you know no digital inputs. I might not have the chance to listen to both. But wanted to get a worldly opinion on sound difference, digital inputs, reliability and top notch dealers that sell USA as well as any other important info.
I'm currently running Burmester 911 Mk3,Burmester 011 and Hansen Princes V2

John

Talk2me
05-16-2010, 08:34 AM
I posted this on Audiogon but know I will get better opinions from you guys. I think? :scratch2:

I had the opportunity to listen to the Audio Research CD-8 and really like the tube sound. As you know no digital inputs. I might not have the chance to listen to both. But wanted to get a worldly opinion on sound difference, digital inputs, reliability and top notch dealers that sell USA as well as any other important info.
I'm currently running Burmester 911 Mk3,Burmester 011 and Hansen Princes V2

John

I would would highly recommend to take a listen to a Burmester CDP. I like the way Burmester sources present such a analog sound. I was stunned by the 069, but alas, it was too rich for my blood, so I went with the next best thing, a 089. If you have already heard them, and they (Burmester) are not your cup of tea, then I wish the the very best in your source search. ARC is a great company. I heard some good things about the Ayon CD-5. I would also recommend a tube preamp with a SS CDP.

cmalak
05-16-2010, 10:28 AM
You should send a PM to Vintage Tube (aka Bob) and ask him about the AMR gear. He has had experience with it and I think his response will give you some helpful insight on the AMR gear. I don't know if he has heard the Ayon gear. Good luck.