PDA

View Full Version : My name is Pete, and I don't have a Blu-Ray player....

Vintage Pete
03-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Greetings gang,

Anyone here have any experience with the Integra DBS-30.1 Blu-Ray Player?

Pete

jdandy
03-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Pete.......Doing a quick search on the Integra DBS-30.1 provided me with a serious drawback on this player, IMO. The DBS-30.1 does not have any analog jacks on the rear, not even the basic left and right stereo outputs, only HDMI output. Unless you are using a Pre/Pro that supports digital audio over HDMI you will be unable to have sound. Not good. The Integra DBS-30.1 lists for $500.00.

Do yourself a big favor, and trust me on this, buy the Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray player. It supports analog output for stereo, 5.1, 7.1, and HDMI. The Blu-ray picture is reference level, and the audio is superb. It lists for $489.00.

Vintage Pete
03-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Pete.......Doing a quick search on the Integra DBS-30.1 provided me with a serious drawback on this player, IMO. The DBS-30.1 does not have any analog jacks on the rear, not even the basic left and right stereo outputs, only HDMI output. Unless you are using a Pre/Pro that supports digital audio over HDMI you will be unable to have sound. Not good. The Integra DBS-30.1 lists for $500.00.

Do yourself a big favor, and trust me on this, buy the Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray player. It supports analog output for stereo, 5.1, 7.1, and HDMI. The Blu-ray picture is reference level, and the audio is superb. It lists for $489.00.

Dan,
I figured (knew) I would hear this....anyway the player DOES have analog left and right audio outputs. Also upscaling to 1080P, etc.

Products (http://www.integrahometheater.com/model.cfm?m=DBS-30.1&class=DVD&p=f)

And, it's been my understanding that the HDMI covers audio as well? My TV has HDMI inputs.

Pete

Dj_AmTraX
03-20-2010, 05:03 PM
My name is Mike and I don't have a Bluray player either.

My TV can not handle 1080p so it would be pointless to get one and I don't plan on upgrading the TV anytime soon.

If I were in the market for one, I would go with Denon or maybe Oppo

Vintage Pete
03-20-2010, 05:07 PM
My name is Mike and I don't have a Bluray player either.

My TV can not handle 1080p so it would be pointless to get one and I don't plan on upgrading the TV anytime soon.

If I were in the market for one, I would go with Denon or maybe Oppo

My TV also supports 1080P, the only reason I might consider this is because I've been offered this with some other niceties thrown in as well...

Pete

Still-One
03-20-2010, 05:10 PM
My name is Jim and I do not have a Blu Ray Player. Whenever I decide to get one it will have to pass DSD to a receiver that will handle it, ala Denon Link.

thughes
03-20-2010, 05:11 PM

... or go one higher to the Oppo BDP-83 SE

Masterlu
03-20-2010, 05:30 PM
My name is Ivan and I have more than one Blu-Ray player... :p

Vintage Pete
03-20-2010, 05:35 PM
... or go one higher to the Oppo BDP-83 SE

I knew I'd hear this too...and I've been thinking about it too. But bear in mind, this would ONLY be an interim palyer, to get started in the format.

Needless to say, if I had my druthers, I'd be getting an MVP-881BR and we wouldn't be talking about any of these units....:no: :D

Pete

Masterlu
03-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Oooh...

http://mcintoshlabs.com/images/products/mvp888-front-l.jpg

Vintage Pete
03-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Oooh...

http://mcintoshlabs.com/images/products/mvp888-front-l.jpg

You're a meanie Ivan....:tears:

Pete

JFR0317
03-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Pete, if you are only getting this as an interim player, I don't see why it wouldn't work OK for you, especially if you don't have a preamp with a multi-channel analog input. If you hook it up to your TV via HDMI, you can send the audio that way if you want to listen to it via the TV's speakers.

In any event, I wouldn't pay over $160-170 for an entry level player only intended as an interim solution. There are lots of choices at that price point - just check out Amazon.

Vintage Pete
03-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Pete, if you are only getting this as an interim player, I don't see why it wouldn't work OK for you, especially if you don't have a preamp with a multi-channel analog input. If you hook it up to your TV via HDMI, you can send the audio that way if you want to listen to it via the TV's speakers.

In any event, I wouldn't pay over $160-170 for an entry level player only intended as an interim solution. There are lots of choices at that price point - just check out Amazon.

Listen to the TV speakers? :eek: Never! :D

Right now I send the signals from my MVP841's audio outputs through the TV and then on to my main system. I do it that way since my McIntosh C40 doesn't have a remote, and so I can adjust my volume remotely. In this case, I would just use the HDMI and then play the audio through my main system as usual.

Ivan would have to post that picture of the MVP881BR....:sigh:

Pete

jdandy
03-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Pete.......I apologize, I do see the left and right stereo analog outputs on the rear panel after a second look. I missed that when I first looked.

JFR0317
03-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Listen to the TV speakers? :eek: Never! :D

Right now I send the signals from my MVP841's audio outputs through the TV and then on to my main system. I do it that way since my McIntosh C40 doesn't have a remote, and so I can adjust my volume remotely. In this case, I would just use the HDMI and then play the audio through my main system as usual.

Ivan would have to post that picture of the MVP881BR....:sigh:

Pete
Well, obviously you can use the player's left and right analog outputs in a similar manner to the way you have your MVP841 connected. I wasn't trying to suggest that you should use the TV's speakers.

What I don't know is whether sending the audio to your TV via HDMI would allow you to then send the TV's audio out to your C40 via the TV's analog audio out. I believe that would be dependent on your particular TV.

MC352
03-20-2010, 06:19 PM
My name is Chuck, and I also don't have a Blue Ray Player, ........... yet.

I just don't watch a lot of movies.

Maybe someday. I think if I was going to get one, I would get the Oppo.

Vintage Pete
03-20-2010, 06:24 PM
What I don't know is whether sending the audio to your TV via HDMI would allow you to then send the TV's audio out to your C40 via the TV's analog audio out. I believe that would be dependent on your particular TV.

Hmmm...this may be a point.....but I don't know why it wouldn't??? :scratch2:

However....my TV has two sets of HDMI inputs, (Video 7 and Video 8). One is strictly an HDMI port, while the other has an accompanying set of RCA audio input jacks, for use with devices that have DVI
(HDMI video-only) outputs. At any rate, I don't know why the audio signals from HDMI wouldn't pass on to the TV's main audio output jacks.

The TV is a SONY KDS-50A2000.

Pete

JFR0317
03-20-2010, 06:27 PM

Pete
It probably will - I am just suggesting you check out the owner's manual first.

-E-
03-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Get the Mc if you want the expensive Denon.

Get the expensive Denon if you want an OPPO BDP-83SE

Get the Oppo 83SE if you don't want to spend more than 1k.

Get the regular Oppo if you want a value player that does it all for $500.

JFR0317
03-20-2010, 08:20 PM

I would think that the $289 OPPO BD-80 would be well worth looking at, also, particularly as an "interim" player.

JFR0317
03-20-2010, 08:28 PM

However....my TV has two sets of HDMI inputs, (Video 7 and Video 8). One is strictly an HDMI port, while the other has an accompanying set of RCA audio input jacks, for use with devices that have DVI
(HDMI video-only) outputs. At any rate, I don't know why the audio signals from HDMI wouldn't pass on to the TV's main audio output jacks.

The TV is a SONY KDS-50A2000.

Pete
I see you edited your post after I answered. I was just trying to be helpful and suggest you check something out first. Sorry.

Still-One
03-20-2010, 10:21 PM

But you didn't list the one to get if you want something that looks like it costs more than $500. :)

Vintage Pete
03-20-2010, 10:36 PM
I see you edited your post after I answered. I was just trying to be helpful and suggest you check something out first. Sorry.

John,
No need to be sorry at all, it was a constructive point, and it did give me pause. I did consult the owner's manual, (not really thoroughly as yet) and while I didn't see the topic of whether the TV will or will not pass the HDMI audio signal on through to the main outputs addressed directly, as yet I've found nothing to the contrary-that would suggest that it not function this way. It never hurts to point out possible issues, and I welcome it. :yes:

Pete

Vintage Pete
03-20-2010, 10:54 PM

I am very well aware that the Oppo player(s) are highly regarded here. However, (and correct me if I'm wrong) this is not a unit that you can walk in to a dealer and purchase-it seems to be offered only on the internet. Foe example, I could order one from Audio advisor.

The very first thing I asked my dealer was whether he carried the Oppo line. Of course, the answer was no, for the above reason. Don't forget what I said in post #5- I had other items on my mind as well....and I've been offered a pretty attractive package deal which would include the Integra player. I did watch and listen to it-and it looked and sounded great. I'm not very impressed with the cosmetics and outer build quality, and told my dealer so. The Oppo appears to be a nicer player, indeed. But, it isn't available where I'd like it to be available.

From what I can tell so far, nobody here has had any experience with the Integra player.

Pete

JFR0317
03-20-2010, 11:26 PM
John,
No need to be sorry at all, it was a constructive point, and it did give me pause. I did consult the owner's manual, (not really thoroughly as yet) and while I didn't see the topic of whether the TV will or will not pass the HDMI audio signal on through to the main outputs addressed directly, as yet I've found nothing to the contrary-that would suggest that it not function this way. It never hurts to point out possible issues, and I welcome it. :yes:

Pete
Thanks, Pete. No problem. After looking at the Sony manual for your TV, I think you are good to go. I didn't know what TV you had when I first made my post.

Mack
03-20-2010, 11:39 PM
I cannot believe how many on here are not "Blu" :no:

Pete you have lots of company.

KingRT
03-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Buy the ps3 on try out for 90 days from target.
If you think its a toy take it back.
They always update it and it received a great write a up in this months magazine. Plus it Bitstreams lossless sound if that's important to you.
Any $500 or less AVR will decode this if you ever plan to move it to diff. Rooms.
Or it will decode lossless in its own box.

I think its one of the best item purchased.
I own the Oppo and Panasonic(Moses edition). A/B picture is identicle through HDMI and Blu-ray.
With the free updates like lossless and even 3d, it slows the whole legacy product tag down to a crawl. Its a computer.

two dot
03-21-2010, 02:01 AM
What's a blu ray player anyway????

1KW
03-21-2010, 07:24 AM
I am using a $300 sony blu ray player in my home theater and the picture is superb and sound is excellent as well. I know people will say get the oppo. The reality is that just about any blu ray player is going to outperform DVD. I have the audio passing to my MX120 via toslink and the video to the processor in the MX120 as well. My surround set up is 6.1 and the codecs in my MX120 which is a $8000 list surround sound processor is good enough for me. Pete no matter which blu ray player you buy your going to love what you see and hear, I guarantee it :D In a year and half I will probably buy the current Mcintosh blu ray player 881 (so my home theater will be all Mac and upgrade my codecs) as this seems to be the life cycle before something else replaces the MVP products.

chessman
03-21-2010, 01:27 PM
When I moved from PS3 to Oppo BSD-83 SE, the improvement in the Blu-ray picture was subtle, if at all, but the improvement in non-Blu-ray DVDs was dramatic. The upconvert of the regular DVD to 1080p/24 was so good I have questioned the need to buy many BLu-ray DVDs. If it is something I do not have, dearly love, or is dirt cheap I may buy it. But thanks to the Oppo the bargain rack of regular DVDs is like stealing.

P.S. I know that the Oppo is not creating HD audio out of standard Dolby 5.1 or DTS tracks on the regular DVDs, and I can hear the difference, but again it is not so dramatic as to make me spend the money unless the "Blu-ray criteria" is met. ;)

Vintage Pete
03-21-2010, 01:33 PM
When I moved from PS3 to Oppo BSD-83 SE, the improvement in the Blu-ray picture was subtle, if at all, but the improvement in non-Blu-ray DVDs was dramatic. The upconvert of the regular DVD to 1080p/24 was so good I have questioned the need to buy many BLu-ray DVDs. If it is something I do not have, dearly love, or is dirt cheap I may buy it. But thanks to the Oppo the bargain rack of regular DVDs is like stealing.

P.S. I know that the Oppo is not creating HD audio out of standard Dolby 5.1 or DTS tracks on the regular DVDs, and I can hear the difference, but again it is not so dramatic as to make me spend the money unless the "Blu-ray criteria" is met. ;)

Did the PS3 upconvert? From what you are saying, I'm rather assuming not. I'm excited over the prospect of improving the performance of non-Blu-ray DVD's. The Integra does have this capability.

Pete

jdandy
03-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Pete.......Is is so good to see you excited about, and possibly purchasing a new piece of gear. I am happy for you. Way to go. :)

thughes
03-21-2010, 01:48 PM
But bear in mind, this would ONLY be an interim palyer

... with the Oppo SE you will stretch what "interim" means. For audio, use the analogs outs. That's where the SE is superior, especially via two channel.

You can order it directly from Oppo.

chessman
03-21-2010, 01:55 PM
The PS3 upconverts (even better than the Denon 3910 that it replaced), but not nearly as well as the Oppo.

Vintage Pete
03-21-2010, 02:01 PM
... with the Oppo SE you will stretch what "interim" means. For audio, use the analogs outs. That's where the SE is superior, especially via two channel.

You can order it directly from Oppo.

Yes, I know I can do this....but I'll spend more money. See posts #5 and #24.

Pete

Masterlu
03-21-2010, 02:03 PM
We only want what's best for you Pete! :naughty:

Vintage Pete
03-21-2010, 02:04 PM
We only want what's best for you Pete! :naughty:

Oh yes...I know, Ivan! :naughty:

Pete

Masterlu
03-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Oh yes...I know, Ivan! :naughty:

Pete

If you divide the price by the resolution it really is a bargain... :laughin:

Vintage Pete
03-21-2010, 02:25 PM
If you divide the price by the resolution it really is a bargain... :laughin:

This is true, yes! :D

Pete

KingRT
03-21-2010, 10:00 PM
The PS3 upconverts (even better than the Denon 3910 that it replaced), but not nearly as well as the Oppo.

All True!
(I do not play standard dvd's anymore)
(50% of a movie now is the lossless sound, the movie can stink and I think "wow the subs sounded nice")

By the time you buy it Pete, there will be Red Ray.
Stick to the low end players, with the high end pictures.

There are other Mac things to buy!

Vintage Pete
03-21-2010, 10:08 PM
There are other Mac things to buy!

True, true....Mike you say you don't play standard DVD's anymore, why? How much difference do you see in the video quality of a DVD that is played on a standard DVD player, vs. one that is upconverted?

Pete

jdandy
03-21-2010, 10:12 PM
KingRt.......The new McIntosh Red-ray Universal MVP 891 player and the new MX160 Surround processor with the incredible 11.5 codecs are both scheduled for release November, 2011. In other words you will be able to actually purchase one or the other for personal use by February 2013. :D
:roflmao:

Masterlu
03-21-2010, 10:16 PM
KingRt.......The new McIntosh Red-ray Universal MVP 891 player and the new MX160 Surround processor with the incredible 11.5 codecs are both scheduled for release November, 2011. In other words you will be able to actually purchase one or the other for personal use by February 2013. :D
:roflmao:

Dan, You forgot both will support 4-D!

jdandy
03-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Dan, You forgot both will support 4-D!

Oh yeah!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Masterlu
03-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Did I mention the new 128 bit Saber DAC's? :D

Vintage Pete
03-21-2010, 10:38 PM
I heard something about 10-D somewhere....:D

Pete

Mack
03-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Petey, you are doing way too much thinking about this (you are making me dizzy) just do it. :sorry: You will have zero regrets :music: Buy music concerts and get the best of both worlds (video and sound)

Vintage Pete
03-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Petey, you are doing way too much thinking about this (you are making me dizzy) just do it. :sorry: You will have zero regrets :music: Buy music concerts and get the best of both worlds (video and sound)

Geeezzz....I only just talked to the guy and auditioned the unit yesterday! Sorry if you're dizzy...:D I'm forced to wait until Uncle Sam delivers. It shouldn't be long...likely by week's end. I'm a big fan of Concert DVD's and I have quite a few. Remember too, this is your fault for busting my chops at the party!!

I do confess to having picked up that Shakira DVD since Ivan's party....:p

Pete

jdandy
03-21-2010, 11:42 PM

Pete.......The spot light is on the real reason for the new Blu-ray player. Now I understand the sudden interest in 1080p. :D

tony-w
03-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Pete

I liked Shakira's belly dancing even though I couldn't follow the music. :D

Mack
03-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Geeezzz....I only just talked to the guy and auditioned the unit yesterday! Sorry if you're dizzy...:D I'm forced to wait until Uncle Sam delivers. It shouldn't be long...likely by week's end. I'm a big fan of Concert DVD's and I have quite a few. Remember too, this is your fault for busting my chops at the party!!

Pete

You are quite lucky that you do not have to change your name from "Vintage Pete" ........Blu-ray has been around a long time (4-5 years) :lmao:

If you wait too much longer the name will be "Dinosaur Pete" :D

Join the Florida Crew go Blu :thumbsup:

Mack
03-21-2010, 11:55 PM
I liked Shakira's belly dancing even though I couldn't follow the music. :D

Usually sight goes before hearing :D

Vintage Pete
03-21-2010, 11:59 PM
You are quite lucky that you do not have to change your name from "Vintage Pete" ........Blu-ray has been around a long time (4-5 years) :lmao:

If you wait too much longer the name will be "Dinosaur Pete" :D

Join the Florida Crew go Blu :thumbsup:

You're bad Mikey....:D

Pete

tony-w
03-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Usually sight goes before hearing :D

You are right, she isn't much to look at even on the worlds best McIntosh system. :yes:

Vintage Pete
03-22-2010, 12:11 AM
You are right, she isn't much to look at even on the worlds best McIntosh system. :yes:

:headscrt: :headscrt:

Pete

Mack
03-22-2010, 11:38 AM

"Hips don't lie" :D

Audio 1
03-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Pete,

The Integra products are very good products and I doubt you will be disappointed with their Blu Ray player. It should get you going in the right direction and honestly once you own it you will not be worried about comparisons, but enjoying content from it. Most of these units now do a great job with up conversion the differences from model to model is becoming less obvious as it relates to picture quality.

Buddy

Vintage Pete
03-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Pete,

The Integra products are very good products and I doubt you will be disappointed with their Blu Ray player. It should get you going in the right direction and honestly once you own it you will not be worried about comparisons, but enjoying content from it. Most of these units now do a great job with up conversion the differences from model to model is becoming less obvious as it relates to picture quality.

Buddy

Buddy...thanks, I was hoping to get a feel from someone here on Integra products, if not this model in particular. :thumbsup:

Pete

thughes
03-23-2010, 04:44 PM
... I have an Integra preamp-processor and have been very happy with it for several years now.

Mack
03-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Buddy...thanks, I was hoping to get a feel from someone here on Integra products, if not this model in particular. :thumbsup:

Pete

Here we go again. :grumpy: Wake me up when you decide. :boring:

"Follow the Florida Crew go Blu"

Vintage Pete
03-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Here we go again. :grumpy: Wake me up when you decide. :boring:

"Follow the Florida Crew go Blu"

There are lots of other threads....

jdandy
03-23-2010, 09:33 PM
There are lots of other threads....

And Pete lands one to the chin. :boxingsm:

Mack
03-23-2010, 11:30 PM
And Pete lands one to the chin. :boxingsm:

Dan, that's not on the chin. That's a low blow. :tears:

jdandy
03-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Dan, that's not on the chin. That's a low blow. :tears:

Mack.......I can clearly see that now. Ouch! Cough, cough, moan. :D

http://audioaficionado.org/attachments/home-theater/5429d1269401375-my-name-pete-i-dont-have-blu-ray-player-low-blow.jpg

Vintage Pete
03-24-2010, 06:22 AM
Mack.......I can clearly see that now. Ouch! Cough, cough, moan. :D

http://audioaficionado.org/attachments/home-theater/5429d1269401375-my-name-pete-i-dont-have-blu-ray-player-low-blow.jpg

:D

Pete

thughes
03-24-2010, 02:08 PM
... I have an Integra preamp-processor and have been very happy with it for several years now.

Despite what I say about the Integra, I would still buy the Oppo if I can't buy the McIntosh.

JJinID
03-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Despite what I say about the Integra, I would still buy the Oppo if I can't buy the McIntosh.

+1 :yes:

-E-
03-24-2010, 04:15 PM
+1 also. Even the el-cheapo Oppo is a top notch player.

Vintage Pete
03-24-2010, 06:04 PM

The decision is made. As I mentioned previously (post#'s 5 & 24) this deal lets me walk away with other goodies as well, including a nice Wireworld Ultraviolet HDMI cable. Too bad the Oppo's aren't available to dealers...if they were I would likely be buying one. Dan understands.....

Since it appears nobody else here owns the Integra DBS-30.1, I'll have to be the first and will post my impressions when I get it, hopefully in just a few days. Heck, somebody's got to do it! :yes:

Pete

jdandy
03-24-2010, 06:37 PM
It will be interesting to find out how good the Integra DBS-30.1 Blu-ray player really is, and Pete won't gloss it over. I am looking forward to reading his impressions.

As for his decision to buy the Integra, he is getting a good deal. Not only is he picking up a long length premium Wireworld HDMI cable as part of the deal, but is also picking up another piece of equipment he needs to replace a piece of gear he owns that has given up the ghost, and is too expensive to repair. The whole package is a good deal, and serves Pete's purposes well. Relax guys. Pete is doing just fine. :yes:

Still-One
03-24-2010, 06:41 PM
The decision is made. As I mentioned previously (post#'s 5 & 24) this deal lets me walk away with other goodies as well, including a nice Wireworld Ultraviolet HDMI cable. Too bad the Oppo's aren't available to dealers...if they were I would likely be buying one. Dan understands.....

Since it appears nobody else here owns the Integra DBS-30.1, I'll have to be the first and will post my impressions when I get it, hopefully in just a few days. Heck, somebody's got to do it! :yes:

Pete
I was at a local HT dealer last week looking at some larger flat screens and in one room he was using the 30.1, but since it is not an all format player like the Denon's I did not pay much attention to it. I think the Integra line is pretty good in general and there seems to be virtually no significant difference in the video performance between blu-ray players, you should be happy with your choice.

Vintage Pete
03-24-2010, 07:06 PM
It will be interesting to find out how good the Integra DBS-30.1 Blu-ray player really is, and Pete won't gloss it over. I am looking forward to reading his impressions.

As for his decision to buy the Integra, he is getting a good deal. Not only is he picking up a long length premium Wireworld HDMI cable as part of the deal, but is also picking up another piece of equipment he needs to replace a piece of gear he owns that has given up the ghost, and is too expensive to repair. The whole package is a good deal, and serves Pete's purposes well. Relax guys. Pete is doing just fine. :yes:

Thanks Dan....I'll keep ya posted. :yes:

Pete

Vintage Pete
03-24-2010, 07:07 PM
I was at a local HT dealer last week looking at some larger flat screens and in one room he was using the 30.1, but since it is not an all format player like the Denon's I did not pay much attention to it. I think the Integra line is pretty good in general and there seems to be virtually no significant difference in the video performance between blu-ray players, you should be happy with your choice.

Thanks Jim, that's what I've been hoping to hear since I've had no hands-on experience with Integra gear. I do know my local dealer doesn't keep any junk around though....:no: :D

Pete

KingRT
03-24-2010, 11:30 PM
True, true....Mike you say you don't play standard DVD's anymore, why? How much difference do you see in the video quality of a DVD that is played on a standard DVD player, vs. one that is upconverted?

Pete

Only Bluray discs with lossless sound.
Standard Dvd's become painful.

PS
You should have purchased the Oppo 83 Bluray and SACD player.

-E-
03-25-2010, 01:32 AM
Let him realize a regret on his own time - experimentation is part of this entire game we play.

He'll be happy either way - the upgrade to BD is substantial.

Vintage Pete
03-25-2010, 06:26 AM
You should have purchased the Oppo 83 Bluray and SACD player.

You're not reading the thread...

Pete

Audio 1
03-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Pete,

Which dealer is your local Integra dealer?

Buddy

Mack
03-25-2010, 08:12 AM

Pete

Something is finally going to happen

Wow finally Blu Ray! :rock-on:

Mack
03-25-2010, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE=KingRT;
PS
You should have purchased the Oppo 83 Bluray and SACD player.[/QUOTE]

Hey, hey, hey, hey.
Don't get him confused, this was a long process (4-5years for a decision) :nono:

PS: would have gone with the Oppo myself (too many positive reviews) :)

Vintage Pete
03-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Something is finally going to happen

Finally, after an entire week....I'll know not to ask again....

Pete

Vintage Pete
03-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Hey, hey, hey, hey.
Don't get him confused, this was a long process (4-5years for a decision) :nono:

PS: would have gone with the Oppo myself (too many positive reviews) :)

See post #80

Still-One
03-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Finally, after an entire week....I'll know not to ask again....

Pete
Pete
You shouldn't listen to us anyhow. We are only going to confuse you with our various opinions. :lmao:
Jim

jdandy
03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Pete.......All I know is you should not buy any gear except the equipment I approve. Simple. :laughin:

Mack
03-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Pete.......All I know is you should not buy any gear except the equipment I approve. Simple. :laughin:

Is that final?

Vintage Pete
03-25-2010, 04:59 PM

I guess I'm okay on this one then, Dan. One thing I never do is tell someone who is trying out a piece of gear, (or thinking of trying it out) is "you should have bought XYZ instead" especially when I've had no experience with the particular piece of gear the person is or had been considering.

I asked if anyone here had had any experience with the Integra DBS-30.1 Blu-ray player. Apparently noone had, but some offered up some helpful thoughts on the Integra line.

I offer my thanks to those who offered their thoughts in a constructive way. To those who did not, or were bored with this thread, I do not.

I may (or may not) post my impressions of the Integra DBS-30.1 when I pick it up.

Thanks,

Pete

Still-One
03-25-2010, 05:22 PM
I guess I'm okay on this one then, Dan. One thing I never do is tell someone who is trying out a piece of gear, (or thinking of trying it out) is "you should have bought XYZ instead" especially when I've had no experience with the particular piece of gear the person is or had been considering.

I asked if anyone here had had any experience with the Integra DBS-30.1 Blu-ray player. Apparently noone had, but some offered up some helpful thoughts on the Integra line.

I offer my thanks to those who offered their thoughts in a constructive way. To those who did not, or were bored with this thread, I do not.

I may (or may not) post my impressions of the Integra DBS-30.1 when I pick it up.

Thanks,

Pete
Pete
Unless you were looking for a Blu Ray player that could also play SACD I have no idea why anyone would say you shouldn't have purchased the Integra.
Jim

jdandy
03-25-2010, 05:36 PM

Pete.......I don't give a hoot what others may wish to read about, but personally I am interested in how the Integra DBS-30.1 performs. I want to know how it sounds in two channel analog. I will be looking forward to your full review. :yes:

To quote Abraham Lincoln: We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it. :thumbsup:

Mack
03-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Reviews are always in order. :yes:

I want you to have a Blu-ray player, you are going to enjoy it whatever brand it is. :thumbsup:

KingRT
03-27-2010, 02:55 AM
You're not reading the thread...

Pete
#2 read it!

And I read it, but answered it incorrectly, with my experiences and a quick google.

I have a feeling that most blu-ray players put out the same picture as I have had many.
Load time, Up converting and audio conversion in the box vs bitstream might be a consideration on any player.

Sorry to send you over the edge with an unasked for, suggestion!
Felt like I knew you a little better.

"I may (or may not) post my impressions of the Integra DBS-30.1 when I pick it up." (Pete)

You sound like you are taking your ball and going home.

Vintage Pete
03-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Nothing like that Mike, it just seemed like few were really paying attention that I have a good deal presented that would include this player. Anyway, I should be picking up the player today and will post my impressions. :yes: :D

Pete

JFR0317
03-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Nothing like that Mike, it just seemed like few were really paying attention that I have a good deal presented that would include this player. Anyway, I should be picking up the player today and will post my impressions. :yes: :D

Pete
Hi, Pete. I'm looking forward to your impressions, particularly regarding perceived picture quality, start-up time, and load times.

I think a lot of people saw your thread title and then didn't focus on your specific request for info on any experience with the Integra Blu-ray player and instead just decided to make generic recommendations.

Vintage Pete
03-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi, Pete. I'm looking forward to your impressions, particularly regarding perceived picture quality, start-up time, and load times.

I think a lot of people saw your thread title and then didn't focus on your specific request for info on any experience with the Integra Blu-ray player and instead just decided to make generic recommendations.

Right, right....it's all good. I'll be picking up the machine today and look forward to it. :banana:

Thanks John....I'll post a new thread on the machine and my impressions. I'll need to pick up a few BR discs...

Pete

Mack
03-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Did you go get it yet?

Vintage Pete
03-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Did you go get it yet?

Hey Mack,

Yes, I have picked it up and am getting ready to set it up now....:yes:

Pete

Still-One
03-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey Mack,

Yes, I have picked it up and am getting ready to set it up now....:yes:

Pete
Okay Pete. Take Shakira off of repeat and a let us know what you think.

Jim

Vintage Pete
03-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Okay Pete. Take Shakira off of repeat and a let us know what you think.

Jim

:lmao: :lmao:

Honest Jim, I haven't even put Shakira on yet! So far, I'm quite impressed with the player. I'm have to step out for a while now but I'll be starting a new thread later this evening...:yes:

Pete

Jimmy
03-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey Pete, If you need a second opinion, I am just over the bridge and I do make house calls. :smoking:

Vintage Pete
03-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey Pete, If you need a second opinion, I am just over the bridge and I do make house calls. :smoking:

Okay Jimmy....we'll have to do that! :yes: I just posted a new thread on my initial impressions of the player.

Pete