PDA

View Full Version : Triangle Art TT

miketuason
10-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Has anyone heard of this brand if so, are they any good. I am planning on trading my VPI Scout for the Triangle Art Concerto. Here's the spec and a pic. Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

Specifications:

Chrome metal composite turntable
AC motor 115V/60hz or 240V/50hz
Platter: Chrome polished composite metal 25mm
External Chrome Metal composite motor tower
External Chrome Metal Composite tone arm tower
1 Jelco SA750 tonearm and SA501 phono cables
Dimension 8” H x 16 W x 16 D
Weight: 40 LBS
Non-Inverted hydro dynamic oil fed bearing
Up to 2 tonearms can be mounted

Masterlu
10-28-2014, 03:47 PM
I am familiar with them, although have not heard any. They have reached out to me previously to take on the line. However, at this point I haven't done so.

miketuason
10-29-2014, 12:56 PM
Thanks Ivan, although there isn't any review for the Concerto because its their new entry level model that just came out, there are however lots of positive review for their Reference and Signature models.

Masterlu
10-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Thanks Ivan, although there isn't any review for the Concerto because its their new entry level model that just came out, there are however lots of positive review for their Reference and Signature models.

What retail price point is this one at?

miketuason
10-29-2014, 05:06 PM
What retail price point is this one at?

The Concerto is $4000

antipop
10-30-2014, 05:18 AM
I've never heard of the brand but based on the picture I wouldn't consider it myself.

It looks quite cheap and not that well built IMHO. It may be just the picture and different in the flesh :dunno:

John49
10-30-2014, 08:16 AM
I've never heard of the brand but based on the picture I wouldn't consider it myself. It looks quite cheap and not that well built IMHO. It may be just the picture and different in the flesh :dunno:

Yes, I agree. The picture does nothing for me...

C2300MC275
10-30-2014, 09:04 AM
Wow - you 2. Would not describe this brand as cheap looking. I would call it a bit bling but not cheap. Looks very well built to me. Check out the signature - well reviewed by Peter Breuninger fwiw SIGNATURE (http://triangleart.net/turntables/signature/)

I wish we had them available in UK so I could see one in the flesh - seems a lot of table for the money.

antipop
10-30-2014, 09:25 AM
It kinda remind me of something like this
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Q4zk7or6sz4/TuE9AoLAPmI/AAAAAAAAAYw/g3kgR-Xhm_Q/s1600/boy-1950s-toy-robot-01.jpg

audio bill
10-30-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm also not impressed by the look of the finishing on the Triangle tables, but know others that are into the 'bling factor' find it to their liking. Maybe I'm just more old school with my Nottingham Dais!

John49
10-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Wow - you 2. Would not describe this brand as cheap looking. I would call it a bit bling but not cheap. Looks very well built to me. Check out the signature - well reviewed by Peter Breuninger fwiw SIGNATURE (http://triangleart.net/turntables/signature/) I wish we had them available in UK so I could see one in the flesh - seems a lot of table for the money.

I think Antipop and I are fans of the Avid Acutus...

antipop
10-30-2014, 11:14 AM

:thumbsup:

C2300MC275
10-30-2014, 01:09 PM

Nothing wrong with that :thumbsup:

I have seen the Avids loads of times obviously being made in uk. Very different philosophy to Triangle Art. I am not a fan of the Avid sound or looks myself but each to their own.

miketuason
11-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Ok, I pulled the trigger and traded my VPI Scout for the Triangle Art Concerto. I got a deal that I couldn't refuse. I was actually glad that I did because the first thing I noticed audio wise was the sound stage and the imaging is improved a lot better. And the looks actually looks good with my Macs.

Masterlu
11-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Ok, I pulled the trigger and traded my VPI Scout for the Triangle Art Concerto. I got a deal that I couldn't refuse. I was actually glad that I did because the first thing I noticed audio wise was the sound stage and the imaging is improved a lot better. And the looks actually looks good with my Macs.

Sweet! Congrad's on your new TT :thumbsup:

miketuason
11-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Thank you Ivan!

antipop
11-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Mike, congrat's on the TT and I'm happy to hear that there is an improvement in the sound

miketuason
11-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Mike, congrat's on the TT and I'm happy to hear that there is an improvement in the sound

Thanks George, I wasn't really expecting much difference since I'm using the same cart and the same phono stage on the C2300. The platter is so much heavier material and the Jelco tonearm is way better than the Unipivot of the VPI, which I think made all the difference. The whole thing is about 40+ lbs.

antipop
11-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Platter weight is very important as the inertia will help smooth the difference in speed that could occur plus you get less impact from vibrations.