PDA

View Full Version : The New OPPO BDP-105D Darbee Edition

miketuason
04-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Anyone know the diff. between this and the BDP105? All I know is that the video is improved and better. Anything else?

Bikeman71
04-09-2014, 08:35 PM
I have the 105 darbee that has been modified by modwright. The darbee processing produces a picture that is superior to the standard 105. The darbee edition also has an upgraded USB input that allows for direct DSD streaming from your computer or other sever...the standard 105 will do DSD, but only from a memory stick or other hard drive and must be controlled from the oppo remote.

I love mine. Superior sound and picture to the $8k mcIntosh mvp881.

miketuason
04-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Thank you Brent, I'm want to trade-in or sell my bdp95 and get the 105D

schneice
04-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Unfortunately I think I know the answer to this based on the website - but I know the firmware has been moving quickly.

I'd like to use the Oppo as a music server to feed an external DAC via aUSB. Is this possible? To what resolution?

Thanks

Kal Rubinson
04-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Not that I know of. All three USB ports are fundamentally inputs. What DAC would you want to use with it?

JJinID
04-10-2014, 10:33 PM
As Brent mentions, I recommend the ModWright upgrade as it completely transforms the sound of the unit. The regular 105 that I have is phenomenal, and I'm sure the added picture quality and DSD capabilities of the 105-D make it that much better! :thumbsup:

schneice
04-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Not that I know of. All three USB ports are fundamentally inputs. What DAC would you want to use with it?

Still shopping...open for recommendations (probably another thread). Really like to spend some time with the Benchmark DAC2 HGC and the Bryston BDA-2.

jdandy
04-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Mike.......You can add Darbee Visual Presence Technology to any Blu-ray player with an HDMI output including all of Oppo's models. The Darbee Cobalt can be purchased for $269 at Newegg.

The Darbee Cobalt enhances video by processing images and video the same way the human brain does. This process adds new levels of detail, texture, and color not visible before.

Installation of the Cobalt is easy, it simply plugs into any HDMI media device and will enhance the output of any video signal, on both standard and high definition displays.
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/A2YF_130253856344066411HjPuyHr0WS.jpg

doggiehowser
04-11-2014, 12:30 AM
Mike.......You can add Darbee Visual Presence Technology to any Blu-ray player with an HDMI output including all of Oppo's models. The Darbee Cobalt can be purchased for $269 at Newegg. The Darbee Cobalt enhances video by processing images and video the same way the human brain does. This process adds new levels of detail, texture, and color not visible before. Installation of the Cobalt is easy, it simply plugs into any HDMI media device and will enhance the output of any video signal, on both standard and high definition displays.

Did they upgrade the firmware of the basic (non Darbee) 105 to support DOP over USB?

miketuason
04-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Mike.......You can add Darbee Visual Presence Technology to any Blu-ray player with an HDMI output including all of Oppo's models. The Darbee Cobalt can be purchased for $269 at Newegg.

The Darbee Cobalt enhances video by processing images and video the same way the human brain does. This process adds new levels of detail, texture, and color not visible before.

Installation of the Cobalt is easy, it simply plugs into any HDMI media device and will enhance the output of any video signal, on both standard and high definition displays.
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/A2YF_130253856344066411HjPuyHr0WS.jpg
Dan, this is great and thanks for sharing. This is definitely a lot cheaper than upgrading to a whole new unit. If this is in fact will give the same upgrade video quality as the 105D, I'm all for it. Do you know who sells the Darbee Cobalt?

miketuason
04-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Never mind, I found one from Amazon for $259 Also I called Oppo today and ask them if all I want is to improve the video quality of my bdp95, can I just byt the Darbee Cobalt stand alone? They said yes, it will give you the same video quality as the bdp105D. So, I guess I'm going to try it and see. Thanks again Dan.

djwhog
04-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Great find Dan :)

I am going to wait for a 115 model etc. 95 works great for what and when I use it.

Will gift it to a daughter and then upgrade!

jdandy
04-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Never mind, I found one from Amazon for $259 Also I called Oppo today and ask them if all I want is to improve the video quality of my bdp95, can I just byt the Darbee Cobalt stand alone? They said yes, it will give you the same video quality as the bdp105D. So, I guess I'm going to try it and see. Thanks again Dan.

Mike.......Very good. I will be watching for your thread about the Darbee Cobalt. I have been curious about it, too.