PDA

View Full Version : Cool MBL video

TommyC
11-09-2009, 10:32 PM
YouTube - mbl - Unique High End Audio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYge-AsyKbQ)

Still-One
11-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks. I had not seen that one before.

Someone should have suggested to the young lady, if you are going to listen to a pair of quarter million dollar speakers, you might want to sit in the center near the sweet spot.

markc2
11-10-2009, 09:58 PM
very very stylish, and nice camera work. Some of the shots it felt like I was look at modern art.

TommyC
11-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks. I had not seen that one before.

Someone should have suggested to the young lady, if you are going to listen to a pair of quarter million dollar speakers, you might want to sit in the center near the sweet spot.

LOL, I was thinking about the same thing. But MBL speakers have omnidirectional sound, so I guess the sweet spot matters less?

markc2
11-10-2009, 10:52 PM
LOL, I was thinking about the same thing. But MBL speakers have omnidirectional sound, so I guess the sweet spot matters less?

what bothered me more than that, was her hand on her forehead, almost a classic headache pose. the glass table bothered me but, that had more to do with emphasizing the style and quality of the brand, than the sound.

The blue wires shooting out from the circuit boards reminded me of fireworks.

Mark

PHC1
11-10-2009, 11:13 PM
I've heard that same system minus the speakers. Very nice. :thumbsup: Headache inducing it certainly was not. :D Gorgeous sound, a little different from Lamm in the sense that Lamm has more of a harmonic bloom and MBL sounded a bit more incisive but still had a very natural and pleasant tonal balance. Like I said before, if it wasn't for Lamm, I'd go for MBL. :yes:

Watching the video, I couldn't help to draw a parallel that MBL is assembled by men while McIntosh by women. :D

Still-One
11-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Watching the video, I couldn't help to draw a parallel that MBL is assembled by men while McIntosh by women. :D
As the German's would say. Naturlich.