PDA

View Full Version : Esoteric Grandioso pricing

Masterlu
02-07-2014, 05:09 PM
I received the official pricing for the New Grandioso line of products; here they are:

Grandioso P-1 VRDS-NEO “VMK-3.5-20S mechanism $44,000

Grandioso D-1 36bit resolution; 16 32bit (AKM 4399) DACs Mono - DSD capable $22,000 each

Grandioso M-1 Min.300w x 1 into 8Ω - Min. 600w x1 into 4Ω - 1200w into 2Ω $23,000

Yardbird
02-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Ivan,

it will be interesting to see how the Grandioso digital components compare with the top tier from dcs! Ted.

Masterlu
02-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Ted... On a side note, I see that the G01 and G02 are the only Rubidium clocks that are now being made. We were just talking about the G0Rb the other day.

Portugal
02-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Ivan, it will be interesting to see how the Grandioso digital components compare with the top tier from dcs! Ted.
+1

telematic
02-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Is the M-1 price for a pair?

Masterlu
02-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Is the M-1 price for a pair?

Each

cma29
02-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Who's going to jump on this stack first? (not me :D )

Xuxa
02-07-2014, 09:49 PM
I've seen & heard the Vivaldi, if I wanted a digital stack today, the Estoteric is where I think I would be.

Masterlu
02-07-2014, 09:54 PM
I've seen & heard the Vivaldi, if I wanted a digital stack today, the Estoteric is where I think I would be.

Xuxa... You consistently impress! :ok:

Portugal
02-08-2014, 05:52 AM

Xuxa, please elaborate your opinion. Thanks, Pedro

PlanarSpeakerFan
02-08-2014, 07:04 AM

Hi Xuxa,

I've been extremely happy with my K-01. The quality of sound and build continues to impress me. Of course the MCD-1100 is a terrific player in it's own right with a very smooth analog-like sound.

Best,
Ken

turntable
02-08-2014, 07:28 AM

If you believe the buzz, the Trinity DAC leaves them in its dust.

Yardbird
02-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Ted... On a side note, I see that the G01 and G02 are the only Rubidium clocks that are now being made. We were just talking about the G0Rb the other day.

Thanks, Ivan.
I was speculating on the viability of a used G-orb as a clock solution, since it was the old flagship, and coexisted with both k-03 and k-01 players in Esoteric's product line for 2 or 3 years... I've read online accounts both pro and con... But, in for a penny, in for a pound... I'd probably go with the G-01...

Xuxa
02-08-2014, 11:46 AM
IMO, firstly there is a consistent look & finish to Esoteric. It has a robust quality to it. There is no question about the degree of engineering in the chassis assembly. The famous transport mechanism is undeniable, without any comparative argument. Full stop.

Until the Vivaldi, dCS by admission had an identity issue which they are working hard to overcome. Aesthetically, the chassis facias are a contemporary improvement but still lack timeless beauty that is expected at this price point.

Secondly, don't get me wrong. The Vivaldi sounded wonderful. Clearly dimensionally spacious. But the sound I felt was dry & analytical. The music didn't move me. Perhaps the filters selected were not agreeable during the listening session. Instinctively, parting with approx $120K for a complete stack including the up sampler would never happen. I would feel foolish at the prospect.

Contrary, the Esoteric sound is more so a believable experience. I have listened to both the K-01 & the D-02 + P-02 combination. It has always been a moving experience. The equipment actually looks like it is going to last some legs & not be lost overnight to the vast sea of depreciable digital obsolescence. Just look closely at that engineering.

Although I have not heard the Grandioso, clearly it is special & will be around for some years to come. Look how long the D-01 + P-01 served as flagship, with even an upgradeable revision along the way.

This stack is a unique dual monaural design. Who else does that?

Does the Grandioso encapsulate the organic richness of analogue? I would certainly like to experience the dual monaural DAC experience. This is what ultimately will drive the Grandioso's continued relevance into the foreseeable digital future. But for how long can it benchmark before it too is overrun by new DAC technology?

Can you justify an incredibly built optical transport into your future? I'm not sure about that. Quite possibly, the Grandioso transport would be your last.

Portugal
02-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Xuxa... You consistently impress! :ok:

+1