PDA

View Full Version : Acapella High Violons MkIV

JSCC
10-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Seemingly these pair of speakers are now gaining a lot of attention and have been highlighted in most show reviews. I must say I am very proud to read them as initially, they seem to be some obscure German speakers trying to break into the scene. An extract - Wayne Donnelly of Enjoy The Music.com review of the Acapalla's High Violon MkIV speaker in the recent RMAF show:

"Another big ballroom contained the $68,000 Acappella High Violon Mk IV speakers, driven by Einstein tube electronics, with Stage III and Acappella cables, Isoclean power conditioning and numerous isolation/footer products from the Aaudio Imports catalog. Brian Ackerman sent me the full listing, which adds up to well north of $200,000 for all the equipment in the room. A bit rich for my blood, but an impressive sound. I think those very high-resolution speakers -- indeed, in my experience, all born speakers -- work best in a large space where the listener has sufficient distance from the speakers. In a smaller space they might be a bit aggressive, but at 15 feet away they sounded great. If you have the money and the space, this gear is definitely worth a careful look."

Anyone in this forum had an audition? Care to share?

I know its NOT a very popular speaker as its priced in the Maxx3 region. Me? I do like them but ..... :D Seriously, paired with Wavacs, they are a "tour-de-force". :thumbsup:

Cheers! :banana:

howiebrou
10-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Seemingly these pair of speakers are now gaining a lot of attention and have been highlighted in most show reviews. I must say I am very proud to read them as initially, they seem to be some obscure German speakers trying to break into the scene. An extract - Wayne Donnelly of Enjoy The Music.com review of the Acapalla's High Violon MkIV speaker in the recent RMAF show:

"Another big ballroom contained the $68,000 Acappella High Violon Mk IV speakers, driven by Einstein tube electronics, with Stage III and Acappella cables, Isoclean power conditioning and numerous isolation/footer products from the Aaudio Imports catalog. Brian Ackerman sent me the full listing, which adds up to well north of $200,000 for all the equipment in the room. A bit rich for my blood, but an impressive sound. I think those very high-resolution speakers -- indeed, in my experience, all born speakers -- work best in a large space where the listener has sufficient distance from the speakers. In a smaller space they might be a bit aggressive, but at 15 feet away they sounded great. If you have the money and the space, this gear is definitely worth a careful look."

Anyone in this forum had an audition? Care to share?

I know its NOT a very popular speaker as its priced in the Maxx3 region. Me? I do like them but ..... :D Seriously, paired with Wavacs, they are a "tour-de-force". :thumbsup:

Cheers! :banana:

So where are the Wavacs Jerry????:deal:

JSCC
10-19-2009, 11:43 PM
So where are the Wavacs Jerry????:deal:

With the Lehman Brothers my dear friend. :D

Seriously the new owner (my dealer finally found the right guy with the deep pocket) loves the Acapella. Who knows, I might just strike a deal with him. :scratch2: