PDA

View Full Version : GAT "Standby" LED

Rayooo
06-07-2013, 03:06 PM
..never happened before, but all of a sudden, when going into Standby via front panel power switch on the GAT, the Standby Light does not illuminate.

The unit does seem to be in Standby, and it does power back up fine.

If I power up and then within a minute or so, power down, the Standby LED does illuminate. Seems like the unit has to be on for 10 or so minutes minimum for the issue to show.

It only started doing this the last few days, 'never happened prior.

I did pull the plug for several minutes for a "re-boot". but the issue remains.

The unit seems to be working fine otherwise, more of an annoyance than anything I guess.

Anyone ever noticed such an issue?

Myles B. Astor
06-07-2013, 04:05 PM
There are two things that happen when you hit "mute." One the mute light goes on and second the volume display goes to "0." Are you seeing the second?

And yes, once in a while have had to reboot as for no reason, one channel becomes stuck on the "1" volume setting while one channel is adjustable as usual. :(

ronenash
06-07-2013, 04:11 PM
This happens on my ACT2 as well. Not very often but still. When it does happen all works fine once I turn the power on again.
I think this is a bug in the logic software but it never bothered me much.

Rayooo
06-07-2013, 04:25 PM
There are two things that happen when you hit "mute." One the mute light goes on and second the volume display goes to "0." Are you seeing the second?

And yes, once in a while have had to reboot as for no reason, one channel becomes stuck on the "1" volume setting while one channel is adjustable as usual. :(

Yup, the "mute" logic works as described... I tried various button selections etc. during normal operation, all seems normal.

Thanks Myles! I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Rayooo
06-07-2013, 04:28 PM
This happens on my ACT2 as well. Not very often but still. When it does happen all works fine once I turn the power on again.
I think this is a bug in the logic software but it never bothered me much.

'now that you mention it, I remember on my ET5 it would go wacky now and then. The GAT (Up until now anyway) has been solid. I normally assume these kind of issues occur in the winter around here when the relative humidity is 0.0.

The humidity today is up there nasty thanks to tropical storm Andrea.

THANKS!!! :thumbsup:

Rayooo
06-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Ahhhh technology...

iPhone crapped out the other day, Verizon sent a replacement at least that's settled.

backup Music Player PC died the other day, thank goodness for the backup player.

Latest Versions of JRiver caused both players to have flaky menu function..sound still good though thank goodness.

GAT going a bit twitchy... but it still sounds as sweet!

Do technology mishaps happen in fours?

jdandy
06-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Ahhhh technology...

iPhone crapped out the other day, Verizon sent a replacement at least that's settled.

backup Music Player PC died the other day, thank goodness for the backup player.

Latest Versions of JRiver caused both players to have flaky menu function..sound still good though thank goodness.

GAT going a bit twitchy... but it still sounds as sweet!

Do technology mishaps happen in fours?

Rayooo.......Sometimes when it rains it pours. It must be your time in the barrel. :D

microstrip
06-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Most of these fancy actions are due to mains transients - enough to trigger a false software operation in the control section and not enough to reset the system. It happened to me on the ACT2 S2. Taking the power plug from the wall for a few seconds solved the problem.

Rayooo
06-09-2013, 08:03 AM
It's still happening intermittently. In most cases, a power on followed by a power off shortly after the warm-up time, things are fine.

If the unit is on for a length of time, half hour or longer, it happens most of the time.

It's for sure at the minor annoyance level. I sent an email to CJ Service on Friday to see if they might have a comment.