PDA

View Full Version : Avantgarde Acoustics Mezzo G2

JSCC
05-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Anyone hard this combo - or at least the Avantgarde's Duo Mezzo G2 speakers?

Well, I did and the combination with their cheapest integrated amplifier (Model 3 - and obsolete model) just blew me away. I wont go to say that they surpassed the Meridian combo I have, but certainly equal in many ways and if there's any I find better, would be the speed of delivery as well as liveliness. For sure, they dont have any "horn sounding" properties as been associated with horns.

Anyone care to share their experience with these NEW Avantgarde speakers?

Masterlu
05-19-2013, 07:53 PM
I have always liked the way Avantgarde sounds, looks not so much.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attachments/mbl-dcs-goldmund-etc/27090d1369003694-avantgarde-acoustics-mezzo-g2-avantgarde-mezzo-g2-speakers.jpg

JSCC
05-19-2013, 10:20 PM
I have always liked the way Avantgarde sounds, looks not so much.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attachments/mbl-dcs-goldmund-etc/27090d1369003694-avantgarde-acoustics-mezzo-g2-avantgarde-mezzo-g2-speakers.jpg

The ones I would get, would be Amethyst colour for the horns and Rosewood for the basshorns.

They are what we termed as "acquired taste". Not everyone likes them, but for sure, they do sounded good, especially on vinyl.

steve99
05-29-2013, 01:34 PM
I have a question if u could help. Just purchased UNO G2's and my guy has a demo Goldmund 330 integrated. I have not been able to listen yet but my guy says its magic. Do u know this integrated? Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Masterlu
05-29-2013, 06:54 PM
steve99... Welcome! :wave:

JSCC
05-31-2013, 11:51 PM
I have a question if u could help. Just purchased UNO G2's and my guy has a demo Goldmund 330 integrated. I have not been able to listen yet but my guy says its magic. Do u know this integrated? Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Steve, I am sorry to say I have no exposure to Goldmund amps, especially driving AV speakers. However, I can vouch they do sounded great with almost any good amps. More so, with SETs (tubes or SS). Your UNO G2s are the latest model they are really good speakers that you could live with for a long, long time. I am thinking of crossing over to the DUO Mezzo G2 myself. Enjoy!

Jean-Marc jmajma
06-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Hello Jerry,

I'm on par with Ivan, I always loved these high efficiency speakers; even for the look, wonderful imho.

Cheers my friend.

JM