PDA

View Full Version : MY VIVALDI's FIRST IMPRESSIONS

jimmyk70
04-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Hi Guys

Finally i received my DCS VIVALDI this afternoon. Unfortunately just the 1/2 of it. The Transport qnd the Dac. Other parts should arrive in ten days!
It has , now about 5 hours of burn in.Obviously it is just a first a first impression , but even without the Upsampler and the Clock, i can tell you that is perfect! Scarlatti was already perfect. This is just simply More Perfect. I don't know if it exists but in Audio i can swear it does!
In a couple of days i will try to explain better the differences in perfection.
Regards

enatai252
04-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Congrats and enjoy

Masterlu
04-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Jimmy... Congrad's and don't forget the pics too! ;)

BlueFox
04-12-2013, 01:48 AM
It appears you have the important parts. It is reviewed in the current issue of the absolute sound and RH basically stated the Upsampler and Clock offer modest improvement over the Transport and DAC. I wish other manufacturers used FPGAs and firmware instead of off the shelf DACs.

Elberoth
04-12-2013, 04:22 AM
Good for you. Enjoy !

Ritmo
04-12-2013, 05:31 AM
Fantastic Jimmy! Can't wait to read how much better "perfection" will be when the remaining components arrive. :music:

Bodhisattva
04-12-2013, 05:45 AM
Hi Guys

Finally i received my DCS VIVALDI this afternoon. Unfortunately just the 1/2 of it. The Transport qnd the Dac. Other parts should arrive in ten days!
It has , now about 5 hours of burn in.Obviously it is just a first a first impression , but even without the Upsampler and the Clock, i can tell you that is perfect! Scarlatti was already perfect. This is just simply More Perfect. I don't know if it exists but in Audio i can swear it does!
In a couple of days i will try to explain better the differences in perfection.
RegardsCongratulations Jimmy on acquiring what must surely be the pinnacle of digital audio!! Absolutely awesome! I am envious for sure. Looking forward to your further impressions once the full stack of components lands :tiphat:

Cheers,

Cincy2
04-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Jimmy,

Welcome to the club.

Cincy

Still-One
04-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Jimmy,

Welcome to the club.

Cincy
Cincy
Yes and a club with a very limited membership. Very fortunate you are. :yes:

jimmyk70
04-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Thanks a lot Guys,
I will post some pics this weekend! It would be better to wait for the whole system, once i get some empty shelves.

microstrip
04-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Great! :tresbon: We will have opinions about some of the best of digital listened through the best speakers in the world! :D I hope to read about the difference between the Scarlatti and the Vivaldi.