PDA

View Full Version : Rockport Atria

Thimios
01-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Anybody heard the new Rockport Atria at the CES 2013? Received very limited coverage so far.

cmalak
01-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Thimios...if you go here, you can check out a good portion of the CES coverage: http://www.audioaficionado.org/events-demos/18471-ces-2013-coverage.html

With regards to the Atria, if you check out Soundstageglobal.com's coverage, they had a blurb. I am sure TheAudioBeat.com and Stereophile will have commentary as well once they update their CES 2013 coverage. They seem to be a bit behind in uploading their info.

From the Soundstageglobal.com's commentary, they made it seem like the entrypoint, so I am not sure if that means the Mira 2 will no longer be produced or whether it's the new entrypoint in his line-up with the front-firing configuration. I am going to ask my local dealer to see what the deal is. I have yet to hear the Avior at my dealer but if the Atria is a baby Avior at a more "affordable" price point and designed for smaller rooms, than that might be a great alternative :thumbsup:

Thimios
01-13-2013, 03:58 AM
Thanks Cyril. I will keep an eye on possible comments from the show. Atria looks like a good contender for limited spaces. Nor sure on the ease of drive though.