PDA

View Full Version : New Pathos In the House !

lakesailor
11-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Being a bit of an integrated amplifier fanatic I have become very partial to Hybrid’s – ever since I got hooked on KahunaCanucks former MF KW500. Now that my dedicated listening room is finally finished it was time to blow up my former McIntosh system and put something together for the new room. Initially I was leaning towards a Luxman L-550Ax integrated – not a hybrid but pure class “A” and I had always wanted to try a pure class “A” integrated. Long story short I found out about the Pathos TT – it is a hybrid that also has a pure Class “A” amp. section – how could one go wrong ?

The TT is an interesting design – they have a worldwide patented Class “A” circuit unique to Pathos that ultimately required I also had to replace my speakers. Of course, being Italian there are some other unique quirks about it as well. This is the “RR” version that has the bizarre 64 step resistive volume control. So far I am absolutely loving it and I still get to have the fun of tube rolling…..

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u582/carbonkevlar/sys3.jpg

jdandy
11-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Rudy.......That is a fine looking integrated amplifier, and a truly unique design. I will be interested in hearing your impressions.

http://www.whitegadget.com/attachments/other-gadget/8902d1207634158-pathos-tt-rr-amplifier-pathos-tt-rr-amplifier.jpg

ronenash
11-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Absolutely beautiful. Nothing like Italian designs. I had the Classic One which sounded terrific, I can only imagine what the TT sounds like.

Congrats!

redm
11-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Being a bit of an integrated amplifier fanatic I have become very partial to Hybrid’s – ever since I got hooked on KahunaCanucks former MF KW500. Now that my dedicated listening room is finally finished it was time to blow up my former McIntosh system and put something together for the new room. Initially I was leaning towards a Luxman L-550Ax integrated – not a hybrid but pure class “A” and I had always wanted to try a pure class “A” integrated. Long story short I found out about the Pathos TT – it is a hybrid that also has a pure Class “A” amp. section – how could one go wrong ?

The TT is an interesting design – they have a worldwide patented Class “A” circuit unique to Pathos that ultimately required I also had to replace my speakers. Of course, being Italian there are some other unique quirks about it as well. This is the “RR” version that has the bizarre 64 step resistive volume control. So far I am absolutely loving it and I still get to have the fun of tube rolling…..

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u582/carbonkevlar/patt1.jpg

WOw, that is something. All business. :thumbsup:

lakesailor
11-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Rudy.......That is a fine looking integrated amplifier, and a truly unique design. I will be interested in hearing your impressions.

http://www.whitegadget.com/attachments/other-gadget/8902d1207634158-pathos-tt-rr-amplifier-pathos-tt-rr-amplifier.jpg

Thanks Dan !

It’s my first “Class A” but WOW is it amazing so far and it is still breaking in. Absolutely dead quiet and yet incredibly musical. Great imaging, very strong bass and strong with vocals.

The only downside is that the patented Pathos Class “A” circuit works best with speakers that have relatively stable impedance curves…sadly my former and much loved B&W 805S did not mesh well with the Pathos so that led to the Acoustic Zen’s which pair amazing well with the Pathos (thx again for that suggestion Jeff) The upside is that it makes incredible music……

P.S. thanks for posting a better picture of the TT...I need to get my real camera out one of these days....

cmalak
11-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Rudy...beautiful integrated :thumbsup: As I mentioned in your Pathos phono thread, the Pathos Logos integrated was my first intro to the high-end and had me hooked. The Pathos was Class AB and has such a sweet sound. Your Pathos TT integrated's Class A sound must be intoxicating :thumbsup: Enjoy your new system in good health for many years to come :thumbsup:

lakesailor
11-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Rudy...beautiful integrated :thumbsup: As I mentioned in your Pathos phono thread, the Pathos Logos integrated was my first intro to the high-end and had me hooked. The Pathos was Class AB and has such a sweet sound. Your Pathos TT integrated's Class A sound must be intoxicating :thumbsup: Enjoy your new system in good health for many years to come :thumbsup:

Thanks !!!! I think I am a "Class A" convert now. I like the Logos as well - always wanted to try one but ended up with the TT instead.

KahunaCanuck
11-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Nice looking setup...but maybe clean the smudge of your Blackberry...:D

bzr
11-16-2012, 01:18 AM
That is a great looking piece of gear Rudy, congrats & enjoy it no doubt you will.

Removed
11-16-2012, 01:20 AM

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u582/carbonkevlar/patt1.jpg

Looking good :music::music:

Freestone
11-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Best looking integrated I have seen...