11-14-2012, 01:39 PM
20.7's are comming. :banana:

joeinid
11-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Very nice, Congratulations!

I hope you'll be home to set them up.

redm
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM
I had to look those up, those are some huge panels. Congrats on the new speakers! What are you going to be driving them with?

http://www.magnepan.com/content/binary/speakers/model_20.7_roses.jpg

magnut
11-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Most definitely will be home. Ssshhhh.....Not too loud about those "huge" panels. Went thru great pains to convince the wife that they're only "a little bigger" then our 3.7's. (I should get an Oscar for that performance). Driven by Emotiva XPA-1 monoblocks.

redm
11-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Went thru great pains to convince the wife that they're only "a little bigger" then our 3.7's.

:lmao: Let us know how that works out for you :yes:

Ritmo
11-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Caongratulations magnut!

By the way welcome...:wave:

KahunaCanuck
11-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Congrats!

Those will be beasts!! You will be luvvin it soon!

bzr
11-15-2012, 03:43 AM

love the smell of new speakers, congrats.:music::thumbsup:

audiot servant
11-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Great news Magnut, hope the behemoths errr speakers slightly bigger than 3.7s got there safely... They are slightly bigger but very handsomely proportioned so they look just the right size IMO

Best wishes
Graham

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

Robert_Anderson
11-15-2012, 10:27 AM

Whatcha driving them with?

Wasatch
11-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Congrats!

redm
11-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Whatcha driving them with?

Answer:

Driven by Emotiva XPA-1 monoblocks.

magnut
11-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Thank you all for the 'grats. Will be setup this afternoon. Our visit to Magnepan back in August finally pays off. Now I'm gearing up for the "break-in".

mgard
11-15-2012, 04:46 PM
magnut,

Congratulations on the 20.7's. Your wife will probably want you to get new glasses when she sees how much bigger they are. I pulled the same thing on my wife moving from 1.7’s to 3.7’s. Just remember to play her favorite music first. :D

~Mike

GaryProtein
11-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Most definitely will be home. Ssshhhh.....Not too loud about those "huge" panels. Went thru great pains to convince the wife that they're only "a little bigger" then our 3.7's. (I should get an Oscar for that performance). Driven by Emotiva XPA-1 monoblocks.

Don't worry about it. "a little bigger" is a relative term.

Congratulations. You made a great choice.

klao
11-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Enjoy, Magnut. :music:

Rayooo
11-30-2012, 08:54 PM
AA to Magnut, AA to Magnut, come in please. :D

How are things going with the 20.7s??

It's been very quiet over here in Maggieland, my only excuse is 12 days in the dark (Sandy) and then another week or so to regain some semblance of my sanity. :music:

audiot servant
12-02-2012, 07:42 PM
There is a bit of a pattern here... getting your 20.7s and going AWOL seems to be standard operating procedure :thumbsup: I hope the 20.7s have happily abducted you Magnut.

Ray, also good to see you back... how are your Maggies settling in, are they working out as you expected them too.

These last few months I have never been happier with my sound and the 20.7s are the reason, seems to be a long term relationship for me now. I did have temporarily fleeting thoughts of an affair with a pair of Devore 0/96s with some Shindo GM70's but that could only ever be a second system, the Maggies are closer to musical soul mates.

They do however tend to abduct you into listening deeply and I have found they take you more completely away... it is very easy to find yourself spending a lot of time listening to music quietly on your own.

I listened to the 0/96 with the Oz distributor for both Magnepan and Devore and the other speaker in the room was the 20.7. We also both use Shindo preamps.

With the Devores we were listening and chatting and enjoying the music, it was a very shared thing, we both realised that the differences were many between the two speakers but both were speakers that would be easy to live with long term. The primary thing that struck me was that when we have listened to 20.7s both at my place and in his showroom it tends to be very singular, almost isolated kind of listening where you go into the listening world very deeply, one that was mesmerising.

With the Devores it was a much more of a together moment. The Maggies pulled you separately down into a space, a void, the Devores catapulted you together into a more social, shared listening experience... a beer n jazz arvo kind of moment.

I loved that with the 0/96 it was buoyant and uplifting... it could easily be the heart of a second system here, but my soul is singing most completely when I am with the 20.7s just for one.

Choice of just one... it will be the 20.7s always. what an awesome speaker it has proved to be :yes:

bzr
12-03-2012, 04:16 AM
Graham, great reference to the feel & mood of the speakers. It made me think of my MLogans, they really floated my boat, exceptional for what they can achieve IMO, then I got the Strads. I am slowly starting to realise that these speakers are those that are missed the most when you don't have them, your description made me think that the 20.7's are of the same quality. Scary good is one thought.

audiot servant
12-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Kev, as a panel guy am sure that you would also like the 20.7s quite a bit as well. Hopefully Magnut is finding the same joy with his new big panels.

I didn't hear your MLs but am yet to hear a panel I didn't enjoy.

However, must be said that those Strads were making great music the last time I heard... sure there isn't a ribbon hidden in them somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

Rayooo
12-03-2012, 10:03 AM
I can't imagine being any happier with the 20.7s. They have faded into the background, never calling attention to themselves, at least audibly, visually is another matter :D.

I recall on the 3.7s from time to time, I'd still get a sense on some recordings that they were "there".

The 20.7s, combined with the other components I have just seem to blend together as part of a system instead of a set of speakers connected to an amp, preamp....etc. and yes, this magical mix of components is far more a "luck thing" on my part than anything else, thank goodness I stumbled around and got to where I am. :sigh:

I have no doubt with enough $$ and time, I could find an equal or better speaker system, I expect I'll start looking, assuming we make it past 12_21_12, in about 50 years. :D

Harbapapa
12-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Here is one poor soul waiting for 20.7 (currently having 20.1). I listened 20.7 at dealer. 20.7s have more definition and faster bass than 20.1. Also midrange has better clarity (like 3.7 vs 3.6) IMO.

Harbapapa
12-08-2012, 02:24 AM
I have no doubt with enough $$ and time, I could find an equal or better speaker system, I expect I'll start looking, assuming we make it past 12_21_12, in about 50 years. :D

Hopefully I get my speaker few days before that day:sigh: