PDA

View Full Version : Here working with Premier 350 and CT-5 sittin' in

Puma Cat
09-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Working at home this afternoon on an oral presentation for my company's yearly Science and Technology Symposium. Somehow I have to figure out how to give a 20 minute talk in 10 minutes! :eek:

I've got the CT-5 and Premier 350 "sittin' in" with the little EAR D4 speakers (these are the L/R rears for my home theatre system) in my burn-in configuration. Got some some Keith Greeninger and Dayan Kai on the Wadia 121....and things sound migthy fine, I must say.

A bit of overkill to drive Era D4s with $17,000 worth of electronics, but it sure produces nice results. Who says source doesn't matter?

For those of you interested, the Era Design D4s at only $700 per pair are a really fine set of speakers, and put out a suprising amount of bass for small standmounts. In fact, I can't think a speaker at $700/pair that can touch them for sound or bulld quality/fit 'n finish. Custom designed for ERA/Peachtree by Aerial Acoustics' Michael Kelly.

Okay, back to work and Powerpoint....

CDLehner
09-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Working at home this afternoon on an oral presentation for my company's yearly Science and Technology Symposium. Somehow I have to figure out how to give a 20 minute talk in 10 minutes! :eek:

Stephen, you get right to it...cut the junk; talk fast, where pace isn't that important...and be charming. That way, people won't notice and will be forgiving when you run a little long. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a splendid afternoon; as opposed to doing the same...without the C-J and EARs.

Puma Cat
09-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks, CD.

I'll be working from home again on this tomorrow, so I will be listening to this system again; turns out I have to put a poster presentation together with my oral presentation. Urg.

Actually, I'm listening to it now as I write this. Just got home from work and left the music server running while I was at work all day; Ella is on the system, and she sounds gorgeous.

The Premier 350 has a transparency and you-are-there-ness to it that is spooky good.

Littlebunny
09-20-2012, 10:12 PM
What's the presentation on?

I checked out the Era's: nice!

I paid for a 'calmradio.com' membership to try out for background music streaming when I'm studying. I don't think I'd be able to concentrate with Ella in the background. :music:

Puma Cat
09-21-2012, 02:02 AM
What's the presentation on?

I checked out the Era's: nice!

I paid for a 'calmradio.com' membership to try out for background music streaming when I'm studying. I don't think I'd be able to concentrate with Ella in the background. :music:

It's on a new approach to marketing to our biotechnology markets; can't say much more than that.

Littlebunny
09-21-2012, 03:29 AM
Bioweapons! :naughty:

Yeah, I saw 'Resident Evil' today, sorry.