PDA

View Full Version : screw thread size for cj component's feet

turntable
09-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Does anyone know the thread size of the screws for the feet of the GAT and even the prem8a's?
You USA guys with your imperial measures can confuse us metric boys:D

I am going to try the still point ultras under the GAT , so might as well get the threaded insert to replace the feet.

Otherwise, I'll have to email cj.

Cheers

rlw3
09-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Great question. I would like to know also for my act 2.2 and pr 12s. Do you audition the footers first then special order what you liked? Which level of stillpoints were you considering? I have always had short term satisfaction with footers. Basically come to think they sound like what they are made of.
When you get them installed can you please let us know your impressions. I am curious about stillpoints but haven't bought them.

ronenash
09-09-2012, 02:58 PM
If my memory serves me right the feet on the act2 are screw and bolt so its not really important to get the thread size precisely correct. The feet are connected to the bottom plate this way.
I will double check tomorrow but don't unscrew the feet without removing the bottom cover otherwise you will be left with the bolt dangling inside the unit - not a good idea :no:

Rayooo
09-09-2012, 05:56 PM
When I popped the top on the GAT, I recall it had a screw and nylon lock nut to secure the feet, as opposed to the ET-5 where the bottom plate had a threaded insert and the foot securing screw could be easily removed. Not so on GAT. I believe 8-32 screw size on both but don't quote me, I'd assume the pwr amps may use larger hardware.

ronenash
09-09-2012, 10:42 PM
I will check the act2 this weekend.

turntable
09-26-2012, 10:15 PM
I have had the Stillpoint Ultra's under the GAT and the prem350 for a few days now. I did not end up replacing the cj feet, just used 3 of each under the pre amp amd amp.

The reviews seem to be accurate about the positive effects these have on the musical delivery.

On the weekend I'll try then under the tube mono's and see how it sounds before puting them under my speakers.

highly recommended.

cheers

ronenash
10-01-2012, 04:45 AM
The ACT2 also has a screw and a nylon lock nut.