PDA

View Full Version : Premier 17ls Fuse

Bugs762
08-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Well a Premier 17ls fell into my hands for what I was about to pay for a PV 15. :tresbon: CJ does not list the appropriate fuse types in the manual, but the manual states that the fuses are on the back of the amp.

My preamp has two fuses outboard of the power tubes, one on each side, that are both BUSS BBS 3/4. The manual talks about a 3/4 amp and a 1/2 amp fuse. I love the amp, can anyone check theirs and see what up with the fuses?

Thanks,
Doug

ronenash
08-15-2012, 10:41 PM
This is a great preamp, much better than the PV15. Regarding the fuses, maybe the previous owner replaced the fuses to non spec values. I would replace them with the value mentioned in the manual to avoid damage to the preamp. The 3/4 amp fuse most likely protects the tube filament circuit and the 1/2 amp fuse protects the high voltage B+ circuits.

Bugs762
08-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah, wonderful preamp, I'm in love. When I imagine what a preamp should sound like the 17ls nails it.

Part of the problem is that the fuses are not labeled so I don't know which fuse goes where?

ronenash
08-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah, wonderful preamp, I'm in love. When I imagine what a preamp should sound like the 17ls nails it.

Part of the problem is that the fuses are not labeled so I don't know which fuse goes where?

Send a PM to PumaCat. He has a Pr17 and I am sure he can help.

Puma Cat
08-18-2012, 02:21 AM
Hmmm; don't see any fuses on the back of the preamp; are they inside under the cover?

Bugs, congrats on your Premier 17 acquisition. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

Bugs762
08-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Hmmm; don't see any fuses on the back of the preamp; are they inside under the cover?

Bugs, congrats on your Premier 17 acquisition. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

Thanks the 17 is a very nice addition to the system. You are right, the fuses are under the cover. I was confused because I thought the manual said that a 1/2 and 3/4 amp fuses were located on the back. I'm assuming both fuses are Buss BBS 3/4 amp fuses, but need confirmation?

Thanks

Puma Cat
08-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Okay, Bugsy, I will pull the cover tonight and let you know....

Cheers,
PC

Bugs762
08-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Gracious my good man!

Puma Cat
08-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Bugs,
Pulled the cover, when looking at the fuses on the power supply board near the back of the chassis, and when facing the front panel, the 0.75V fuse is on the left, the 0.5V fuse is on the right.

Bugs762
08-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Many thanks PC!

Joe Appierto
08-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Bugs,
Pulled the cover, when looking at the fuses on the power supply board near the back of the chassis, and when facing the front panel, the 0.75V fuse is on the left, the 0.5V fuse is on the right.

Steve,

Do you know if they're fast or slow blow?

Puma Cat
08-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Steve,

Do you know if they're fast or slow blow?

Joe, I don't....I would call Ed at C-J. I didn't take them out.

My guess is the design is very similar on your Premier 16LS2. By the way, it's printed on the circuit board which voltage is what for the fuses.

Joe Appierto
08-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Joe, I don't....I would call Ed at C-J. I didn't take them out.

My guess is the design is very similar on your Premier 16LS2. By the way, it's printed on the circuit board which voltage is what for the fuses.

Oh, lordy, something else to maybe tweak. :D

Bugs762
08-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Bugs,

Okay, I’m really embarrassed; I was so excited about getting the Premier 17 and so happy with the sound that the 17 was all I could think about. Well, I didn’t blow a fuse in the 17,

I shouldn't even mention this publicly, but Doh…I blew a fuse in my MV60. Oh well, have to laugh at myself.

No freaking wonder why the manual did jive with what I was looking at. :scratch2:

chessman
08-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Okay, I’m really embarrassed; I was so excited about getting the Premier 17 and so happy with the sound that the 17 was all I could think about. Well, I didn’t blow a fuse in the 17,

I shouldn't even mention this publicly, but Doh…I blew a fuse in my MV60. Oh well, have to laugh at myself.

No freaking wonder why the manual did jive with what I was looking at. :scratch2:

You're not alone. I once spent two hours with a manual and a screw driver only to find out that the unit was unplugged behind the rack. :sigh:

Acazorzi
11-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi,

I am new to the forum...

When searching I found that many people on the forum have a lot of insight on technical issues as well. Wondering if some could give me an advice on my Premier 17LS which has been faltering for some time now (actually a recurrent problem that never was fixed completely).

If you agree I may post my question here. (I am not allowed to open a new thread).

Thanks
Antonio

BTW I love the CJ and have it coupled with a Premier 140!

Joe Appierto
11-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Hi,

I am new to the forum...

When searching I found that many people on the forum have a lot of insight on technical issues as well. Wondering if some could give me an advice on my Premier 17LS which has been faltering for some time now (actually a recurrent problem that never was fixed completely).

If you agree I may post my question here. (I am not allowed to open a new thread).

Thanks
Antonio

Welcome, Antonio. When you say that the 17LS is "faltering" what exactly do you mean?

chessman
11-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Acazorzi, welcome aboard! :wave:

Puma Cat
11-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi,

I am new to the forum...

Thanks
Antonio

Welcome, Antonio.

If your Premier 17 is faltering, it could well be that it needs new tubes.

In either case, it can be returned to C-J for repair if need be.

jimtranr
11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Welcome aboard, Acazorzi.

What's the nature of your PR17LS's "faltering?" Intermittent operation (e.g., the sound cuts out and back in during playback)? Fuzzy, blurred, or distorted output? Persistent 60Hz hum? Or something else?

Indicating the precise symptoms may give us a better feel for the problem.

Masterlu
11-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Acazorzi... Welcome! :wave:

aldinohiend
11-10-2012, 01:21 AM
I purchased the Premier 16.

decofan
04-22-2013, 11:36 AM
I seem to have "blown a fuse" as my right channel quit working. Do any of you think it is a fuse? To check them out do you have to pull the entire top panel off?

Masterlu
04-29-2013, 03:46 PM
decofan... Welcome! :wave:

Puma Cat
04-29-2013, 06:36 PM
I seem to have "blown a fuse" as my right channel quit working. Do any of you think it is a fuse? To check them out do you have to pull the entire top panel off?

Yes.