PDA

View Full Version : DOH! Read the manual

turntable
06-17-2012, 09:55 AM
For the last 13 years I have always switched my cj pre amp on and off by walking over to the pre amp and pressing the power button.

Yesterday morning I was about to switch the cj pre. The remote was not in it's normal position next to the listening chair, so picked it up. I must have touched the mute button and KABOOM the GAT switched on and went thru it's regular 90 second warm up. Well I'll be dammed!!! :yikes:

I waited, then switched it off, then pressed the mute button again. WOW:banana:

I then read the manual. Well watchu know. You can also switch off the GAT by holding the mute button for 3 seconds.

This morning by habit I still switched on and off by walking to the pre amp and physically pressed the power button on and off. :screwy:

Anyway Gents, does the prem16, prem17 pre amps have the same features? I have probably been a dumbass for the past 13 years :D

Has anyone else done this?

Any other stories of DOH! re your equipment.

Cheers

Puma Cat
06-17-2012, 09:56 AM
???

Myles B. Astor
06-17-2012, 09:58 AM
???

Uh-oh Shane must have sucked into the remote :)

jdandy
06-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Shane.......Is this a writing exercise where we fill in the rest? :lmao:

Puma Cat
06-17-2012, 10:00 AM
It's Creative Audio Writing 101.

I think Shane was going to say that by reading the manual he discovered that you can shut the preamp off by pressing and holding down the mute button, instead of having to go over and shut the preamp off manually, but I could be wrong.

turntable
06-17-2012, 10:11 AM
It's Creative Audio Writing 101.

I think Shane was going to say that by reading the manual he discovered that you can shut the preamp off by pressing and holding down the mute button, instead of having to go over and shut the preamp off manually, but I could be wrong.

Yes! And you can switch on by pressing the mute! Stephen, I guess the perm 17 has the same feature.

friggin iPad constantly changes words!! Pita

Puma Cat
06-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi Shane,
Yes, the Prem 17 and CT-5 both have that feature, but I will admit it took me a while to find it out as well. ;)

Been listening to the CT-5 the last week or so...it's sounding really, really good.

turntable
06-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi Shane,
Yes, the Prem 17 and CT-5 both have that feature, but I will admit it took me a while to find it out as well. ;)

Been listening to the CT-5 the last week or so...it's sounding really, really good.

Ha ha!!

I think I am going to continue to boycott the feature and walk over to the pre amp and physically switch on and off. After all I still need to switch the phono and amps on. :D

nz022
06-17-2012, 10:16 AM
The remote's Mute button can be used to turn the CA200 on and off.

joeinid
06-17-2012, 11:11 AM
When I saw you guys talking about this feature, I tried it as well. Wow! Sure enough, it works like a charm. I will say old habits are going to be hard to break. :(

Joe Appierto
06-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Ditto for the 16LS2: the remote mute function can turn it on and off. Like Shane, I only discovered this about a week ago but it was after reading one of the posts somewhere on this forum where the poster said they were available functions via the remote.

I guess this is a case of RTFM.

nz022
06-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Actually the CA200 does not have a switch for power on/off. The mute switch on the unit as well as on the remote perform those functions.

oldjayz
06-17-2012, 01:19 PM
I have had a Premier 17LS and Premier 17LS2 and an Act2 Series 2 and they will turn on and off via the Mute button. I discovered by accident too when I had the 17LS. :)

Enjoy

Jeff

jdandy
06-17-2012, 02:50 PM
When I saw you guys talking about this feature, I tried it as well. Wow! Sure enough, it works like a charm. I will say old habits are going to be hard to break. :(

Joe.......Men don't need no stinking maunal. :roflmao:

joeinid
06-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Joe.......Men don't need no stinking manual. :roflmao:

And don't ask for directions either ! I know where I'm going.

ronenash
06-17-2012, 10:38 PM
I actually read this in one of the reviews so I saved myself the time to find out about it by mistake :)

Masterlu
06-17-2012, 11:21 PM
And don't ask for directions either ! I know where I'm going.

Sure you do! :laughin:

http://www.profimedia.com/photo/a-man-lost-while-driving-checks-a/profimedia-0012267627.jpg

Bugs762
06-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Dito for the Premier 14. Life is good.

piolaxo
06-19-2012, 05:51 PM
After reading multiple owners finding this 'new' feature, I think it we can say that the
manuals' are not that clear showing this feature or the feature is not obvious at all.
Perhaps the remote control should have an extra sign at the mute button to show that
it has more than one function.

turntable
06-19-2012, 11:23 PM
After reading multiple owners finding this 'new' feature, I think it we can say that the
manuals' are not that clear showing this feature or the feature is not obvious at all.
Perhaps the remote control should have an extra sign at the mute button to show that
it has more than one function.

Or even a power button like every other company, after all men do not read manuals :banana: