PDA

View Full Version : ET3 vs Premier LS17

audiomaniac
04-05-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm wondering how these two stack up against each other. If anybody who has heard both could comment, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Puma Cat
04-05-2012, 09:46 PM
The Premier 17 is better. I own a Premier 17, and when I heard the ET3 one Saturday at my local C-J dealer, I liked it quite a bit, and asked if the ET3 was better than the Pr17, and the response I got was, "No way. The Pr17 is built to a higher specification using higher quality parts".

I then called Ed at C-J the following Monday asked the same question, and got this reponse: "No way. The Pr17 is built to a higher standrd using higher quality parts". it was interesting I got essentially exactly the same response from both my dealer and C-J.

Makes sense as the Premier 17LS sold for $4500 in 2001, and the ET3 sells for $2500 over ten years later.

I will say that the ET3 is quite Premier 17-like in it's overall sound quality and a lovely-sounding preamp.

audiomaniac
04-05-2012, 09:58 PM
The Premier 17 is better. I own a Premier 17, and when I heard the ET3 one Saturday at my local C-J dealer, I liked it quite a bit, and asked if the ET3 was better than the Pr17, and the response I got was, "No way. The Pr17 is built to a higher specification using higher quality parts".

I then called Ed at C-J the following Monday asked the same question, and got this reponse: "No way. The Pr17 is built to a higher standrd using higher quality parts". it was interesting I got essentially exactly the same response from both my dealer and C-J.

Makes sense as the Premier 17LS sold for $4500 in 2001, and the ET3 sells for $2500 over ten years later.

I will say that the ET3 is quite Premier 17-like in it's overall sound quality and a lovely-sounding preamp.

Thanks for the info!

Puma Cat
04-08-2012, 02:17 AM
I just put my Pr17 back into the system tonight, and I have to say, I just LOVE this preamp. It's not as fast, transparent, quiet, or detailed as the CT-5, but it's very musical and sweet, sweet, sweet! As far as preamps go, one could do a h*lluva a lot worse than this beauty! :music: