PDA

View Full Version : Why you shouldn't drink and spin...

Face
04-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Because it may turn into an expensive night. :grumpy:

AT replacement styli are highway robbery, I only paid a few dollars more for a new cart. :icon_thumbsdown:

joeinid
04-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Friends don't let friends spin under the influence, SUI as we say in the business. Or SWI, spinning while intoxicated.

bakerman
04-03-2012, 01:23 PM
I think it all depends on what you were drinking...:icon_beer:

jdandy
04-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Mike.......S#*t happens, even to the most experienced drinker. As the old saying goes, you play, you pay. :yes:

Did you go back with the same phono cartridge?

Removed
04-03-2012, 03:47 PM
I wish I had been under the influence when I launched the cantilever off one of my A90 cartridges :stretcher:

BearCubinNY
04-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Hey Mike,
That doesn't sound like fun. I have a few Carts (Clearaudio Stradivari/Ortofon Black) lying around that you can give a go if you like. We haven't had a Long Island AA meet in a while. I believe it's my turn. No new equipment other than the Sooloos, but that's probably a good enough excuse to get together.

Reg

Face
04-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Reg, I have a backup cart to use for the time being. Funny timing too, as I was thinking about giving it a try again, so I appreciate the offer. PM being sent.

Dan, at this time, depending on how the backup sounds will determine if I have the AT repaired or not.