PDA

View Full Version : CJ factory tour

TommyC
03-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Quick visit to Conrad-Johnson | Confessions of a Part-Time Audiophile (http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2012/03/20/quick-visit-to-conrad-johnson/)

Rafale
03-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Quick visit to Conrad-Johnson | Confessions of a Part-Time Audiophile (http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2012/03/20/quick-visit-to-conrad-johnson/)

thanks for sharing Tommy :thumbsup:

Rayooo
03-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Fantastic, thanks for posting this! I get down to VA now and then on business as well, I'd thought about doing the same in the past, but never got around to it. I must make it a point to do so on my next trip through!

jwhite613
03-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Tommy... Thanks for the link!! :thumbsup:

f1 fan
03-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Tommy...thank you for the link, very good read.

Dave

Ritmo
03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Very nice...Thanks for posting!

Mike

ronenash
03-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Nice read. Thanks.

Rafale
03-25-2012, 09:33 AM
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z446/sthull/Trip%20to%20CJ/IMG_9157a.jpg

I'm curious.....Can anybody say to us what is this cables?

Joe Appierto
03-25-2012, 09:58 AM
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z446/sthull/Trip%20to%20CJ/IMG_9157a.jpg

I'm curious.....Can anybody say to us what is this cables?

This is only a guess, but I'd say they look like an older Transparent speaker cable. Perhaps the Reference XL as in the attached photo. Their current speaker cables have elliptical boxes not rectangular like in the factory tour photo.

The interconnects are too generic looking for me to guess.

Rafale
03-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks Joe :thumbsup:
It seems to me that PC are CJ stock but i'm not sure

Joe Appierto
03-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks Joe :thumbsup:
It seems to me that PC are CJ stock but i'm not sure

Yep, look like stock power cords to me, too. Plugged straight into the wall -- hope they're at least dedicated lines.

Coppy
03-25-2012, 05:05 PM
I can confirm the speaker cables are older top of the line Transparent and i don't remember ever seeing any aftermarket power cables in that room. Can't speak to the dedicated circuit issue, but as you can see it's a large purpose built room with high ceilings and significant sound treatments.

Joe Appierto
03-25-2012, 05:13 PM
I can confirm the speaker cables are older top of the line Transparent and i don't remember ever seeing any aftermarket power cables in that room. Can't speak to the dedicated circuit issue, but as you can see it's a large purpose built room with high ceilings and significant sound treatments.

Bob,

Thanks for the confirmation on the cables and power cords. I was half-joking about the dedicated lines in the listening room but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they had them in there. As you point out, they put some effort into the room.

Rafale
03-25-2012, 06:05 PM

Bob .....Thank you for this information btw it seems that they appreciate Wilson speakers, several photos of their auditorium in various times show WA

Coppy
03-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Bob .....Thank you for this information btw it seems that they appreciate Wilson speakers, several photos of their auditorium in various times show WA

Indeed. A few years ago they were considering a move and in preparation sold the Alexandrias that were previously in that room. Lew brought in his Sophias from home. I've been raving about my Sashas and since we are only an hour or so from the factory so later this spring we've scheduled s dinner here in Annapolis with Lew and his wife along with an opportunity for him to hear them with his amplifiers. Lew and Bill are good business people and very smart about not wasting money. Like their equipment, they don't spend frivolously. "It just sounds better" because they put the money where it makes a quality, not marketing difference.

Puma Cat
03-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Excellent post.

rthomeint
03-26-2012, 05:22 PM

I guess they would not want to design their products using a highly tweaked system given the almost infinite possible combinations of add ons we use to improve or listening experience. I remember see a picture of their listen room years ago when the were producing Synthesis speakers and the had a pair of those in that room.