PDA

View Full Version : Vitus in the house!

howiebrou
02-16-2012, 10:30 PM
I am home demoing a Vitus SL-102 preamp and their SS 101 stereo amp for a few days. Remote switchable Class A/AB. 50 watts Class A, 100 Watts Class AB

Liking what i hear so far. The sound, especially in Class A is fantastic. After a couple of days I will reconnect the Ongaku and let the battle begin!

:banana::banana::banana:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/howiebrou/Vitus1.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/howiebrou/Vitus3.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/howiebrou/Vitus2.jpg

howie

Masterlu
02-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Nice, I didn't know you had an AVID.

joeinid
02-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Awesome Howie,

Looking forward to reading your impressions! Beautiful gear. Me like. You were right about darTZeel. Amazing. I am sure you will like Vitus.

howiebrou
02-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Nice, I didn't know you had an AVID.

Really Ivan?? Had the Acutus since 2007! My longest serving piece of equipment by far!!

Howie

Masterlu
02-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Really Ivan?? Had the Acutus since 2007! My longest serving piece of equipment by far!!

Howie

Where's your Signature? ;)

Masterlu
02-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Howie... Where did you get your cover?

http://www.audiorevelation.com/cre/images/diva2cover_544_01.jpg

dpod4
02-16-2012, 10:57 PM
I am home demoing a Vitus SL-102 preamp and their SS 101 stereo amp for a few days. Remote switchable Class A/AB. 50 watts Class A, 100 Watts Class AB

Liking what i hear so far. The sound, especially in Class A is fantastic. After a couple of days I will reconnect the Ongaku and let the battle begin!

:banana::banana::banana:

howie

Wow thats some serious hardware! I really like the thoughtfulness you put into other areas to - stillpoints under pagode amp stand, and it looks like you have treatments not just behind the components but also protection from wall outlet?
Darrin

JohnThomas
02-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Howie,

Looks goods. I know that SS-101 weights 168lbs. I'm sure it's a two man job to move it.

joeinid
02-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Howie,

Looks goods. I know that SS-101 weights 168lbs. I'm sure it's a two man job to move it.

:banana:

Heavy metal for sure :thumbsup:

It looks good John, dosen't it? :naughty:

two dot
02-17-2012, 01:14 AM
I would LOVE to try their integrated....

Beautiful gear.

howiebrou
02-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Howie... Where did you get your cover?

http://www.audiorevelation.com/cre/images/diva2cover_544_01.jpg

From Avid. I would have got the full cover but it is a bit bulky and too expensive for something I could get made over here for a lot cheaper.

avid hifi ltd :: covers (http://www.avidhifi.co.uk/covers.htm)

howie

cmalak
02-17-2012, 02:14 AM
Howie...this will be an interesting shoot out. Looking forward to how it all plays out.

Of course in an ideal world you could keep both so you can enjoy different sonic flavors :D

JemHadar
02-17-2012, 03:13 AM
Very interested to hear how this pans out...THX for sharing

BTW...what happened to the soulutions ?

TommyC
02-17-2012, 03:38 AM
Nice Howie, another great high gear :thumbsup:

I would be so confused on what to buy if I live at your place :D

howiebrou
02-17-2012, 05:13 AM
Nice Howie, another great high gear :thumbsup:

I would be so confused on what to buy if I live at your place :D

With almost every brand in the known universe within 30 minutes travel of home I can see that happening! Unfortunately that applies to everything, not just audio equipment!

howie

howiebrou
02-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Very interested to hear how this pans out...THX for sharing

BTW...what happened to the soulutions ?

Soulutions were Ongakued!

I can't remember how long they were here, may be 6 months? In the end they didn't do for me as much as the Ongaku so they went the way of the dodo. I can honestly say, even at this early stage, that the Vitus sound is more my style than the Soulution. :yes:

howie

ozy
02-17-2012, 09:09 AM
howie,my hat's off to you....the vitus gear is terrific sounding..... at the time i opted for the gryphons but the vitus was so close.... enjoy, and keep us posted.

howiebrou
02-17-2012, 09:15 AM
howie,my hat's off to you....the vitus gear is terrific sounding..... at the time i opted for the gryphons but the vitus was so close.... enjoy, and keep us posted.

Ozy,

did you consider the SM-101 monoblocks?

Vitus also has a new preamp their two box their MP-L201 :yes:

howie

Still-One
02-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Howie
I like the design of the Vitus gear but have only had brief exposure to their sound.

Their website is a bit confusing. What is the hierarchy of their gear by series?
They have Reference, Signature, Masterpiece and Design Studio. Is that the order from top to bottom?

Jim

Robert_Anderson
02-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Beautiful gear, Howie!!

howiebrou
02-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Howie
I like the design of the Vitus gear but have only had brief exposure to their sound.

Their website is a bit confusing. What is the hierarchy of their gear by series?
They have Reference, Signature, Masterpiece and Design Studio. Is that the order from top to bottom?

Jim

Yes Jim. I was confused too previously. There are only 4 masterpiece releases, a transport, dac, phono stage and the latest is the preamp. There are no design studio pieces yet afaik. I am almost afraid to ask what the prices of those would be. I am demoing reference level gear which is priced similar to what most other makes top stuff is (think 45k for a preamp, 70k for monoblocks).

Beautiful gear, Howie!!

Thanks!

howie

ozy
02-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Ozy,

did you consider the SM-101 monoblocks?

Vitus also has a new preamp their two box their MP-L201 :yes:

howie

yes ,howie, exactly.

the vitus gear is very smooth and uncolored based on my recollection.

JohnThomas
02-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Howie,

How's the Vitus sounding now? How's playing around with Class A Class A/B switch?

John

joeinid
02-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Howie,

How's the Vitus sounding now? How's playing around with Class A Class A/B switch?

John

He can do that from the comfort of his chair - How's that for simplicity :thumbsup:

howiebrou
02-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Howie,

John

Don't bother. Class A reigns supreme. If you just heard A/B you would be happy, but once you switch, Class A is clearly better. It is more involving, the sound is more realistic and the presence of the performers is more apparent. Lows are more substantial as well.:yes:

howie

jazzhead
04-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Howie ,
Glad you are on to the Vitus. Try the Furutech fuses , if you have the units long enough. They mate rather well. Also you could try the different sensitivity settings in the pre-amp menu, till you find the correct match. Disabling unused outputs also will provide gains. The above are a few for maximizing the amps ,from my experience. Happy Listening.:music: