PDA

View Full Version : Pathos

TommyC
02-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Anyone familiar with this Italian brand?

There is a TT Anniversary available from a closing sale at more than 55% off. I'm wondering if it'll work on my GM.

Not much info from their website.
PATHOS (http://www.pathosacoustics.com/indexeng.htm)

howiebrou
02-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Pathos makes excellent if somewhat funky looking products. I don' know anything about their TT though. I doubt it is a made by Pathos. Prob another Clearaudio clone?

howie

Masterlu
02-13-2012, 09:19 PM
When in doubt Clone... ;)

TommyC
02-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks Howie, I was referring to the Twin Towers Anniversary hybrid integrated amp. Upon further research, 35W of Class A may not work well with my GM.

howiebrou
02-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks Howie, I was referring to the Twin Towers Anniversary hybrid integrated amp. Upon further research, 35W of Class A may not work well with my GM.

Ah I see. No wonder I couldn't find a turntable on the site :D

I think you need more than 35 watts. An Accuphase A65 would be the ticket.:yes: Then you can bridge them later on and get four times the power into your GM single binding posts up to 960 watts @ 2 ohms! :banana:

howie

TommyC
02-14-2012, 12:04 AM
I may need another line just for the amp! But on the bright side, I get to save on heating :D

cmalak
02-14-2012, 12:52 PM
TommyC...Pathos makes very musical amps. The Pathos Logos would be a better match with your SF GM's. The Logos puts out 100wpc into 8ohms and 200wpc into 4ohms. Not sure if it doubles down agin into 2 ohms. The Pathos Logos was my first real introduction to high end audio some 8 years ago, via a friend's system. Great integrated. I actually like the funky look of Pathos' products. In any case, good luck with your search.

ronenash
02-14-2012, 11:28 PM
I agree with cmalak. I had the Pathos Classic One Mk.3 and it was a wonderful amp. One of the biggest surprises I had in audio this last year. The TT is Class A single ended and will not drive speakers with an impedance of much less than 8 ohm. As such it will not be a good match to SF GM.
With the right speaker its said to be magic.

TommyC
02-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Speaker matching is key. I was just tempted by the price. He didn't have the Logos on sale, so no go there. I need to calm down a little every time I see a good deal. Buying is easy, but selling is not!