PDA

View Full Version : Avantgarde Acoustics Mezzo G2

JSCC
01-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Well, these speakers DO need time to get used to.

Either you dislike it the moment you sees it OR you be mesmerized by its sound production. I was - BOTH. Dislike the looks but really like what I hear! :thumbsup:

Even more so when its powered by its flea watt (SS) Model 3 Integrated amplifier. (1.1 watts Class A into 8 Ohm and 38 watts in Class AB).

Not much if powering the "norm" speakers BUT helluva powerful when partnered with the Mezzo G2 from the same house who is at a mind boggling 107db/w sensitivity!

Sadly, the integrated amplifier is no longer in production. Attached pictures!

Come to think of it, this is a wonderful second system I can consider. BUT first things first, space! I still want to keep my Meridian! Stereo or expanding to a full blown 5.1 HT in time to come! :thumbsup:

Anyone care to share their experience or encounter with Avantgardes? Good, bad or ugly, please post your views. Cheers!

howiebrou
01-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Jerry,

You know I think Avantgardes are to die for. Some of the best sounds at shows comes from avantgardes even the humble Uno Nano :yes:

Go for it. The Mezzo looks fab but the Primo is the one you need! :banana:

howie

JSCC
01-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Jerry,

You know I think Avantgardes are to die for. Some of the best sounds at shows comes from avantgardes even the humble Uno Nano :yes:

howie

Buy 2 get one free .... :D

Can consider this one Bro ... apart from the others you are currently looking at. Ongaku will really make them sing! :thumbsup:

JSCC
01-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Jerry,

howie

Here's a pic of the Primo's. Look how they dwarf the Kingdoms in comparison. :thumbsup:

Maybe you are right, once and for all, just go for it! :yes:

Still-One
01-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Here's a pic of the Primo's. Look how they dwarf the Kingdoms in comparison. :thumbsup:

Maybe you are right, once and for all, just go for it! :yes:
Jerry, I listend to them several times there at Audio Note there in Singapore and was never impressed. The best I heard them was with some Zanden gear about 5 years ago. I know you and I heard them one time and they sounded very "horn-like'.

Jim

JSCC
01-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Jerry, I listend to them several times there at Audio Note there in Singapore and was never impressed. The best I heard them was with some Zanden gear about 5 years ago. I know you and I heard them one time and they sounded very "horn-like'.

Jim

Hi Jim,

So nice of you to chip in. Yes, indeed they were VERY horn-like sounding - and thats why I have never really go beyond a walk in/look see audition. Things have changed very much in their G2 versions. They DO sound very smooth, lifelike and image unlike before. AV must have done a lot of work refining their speakers and along the way, they have also introduced and worked on amplifiers to pair with their speakers.

I have heard BOTH the first versions of the Mezzo and was never impressed. UNTIL, the G2 appeared sometime late last year! Its a TOTAL change in impression and performance. Looks wise they are the same, BUT I think everything must have been reworked, from drivers to cross overs.

You must give them a listen again - the G2 series and I'll bet you will be amazed at their progress.

Cheers!