PDA

View Full Version : DB1i's in TAS

ian@pmc
06-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Hey guys, I thought I'd let ya'll know that the DB1i will reviewd by Neil Gader at THe Abso!ute Sound... I think he likes them, check it out....

First Look!! PMC DB1i Loudspeaker | AV Guide (http://www.avguide.com/blog/first-look-pmc-db1i-loudspeaker)

Levi
06-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Nice review!

Thanks Ian.

ian@pmc
06-19-2009, 05:31 PM
A nice quote from a gentleman on TAS....

Ben in Arizona -- Thu, 06/11/2009 - 15:34
I'm a recording engineer specializing mostly in classical and jazz on location. Consequently I am more often than not toting a fair amount of gear around to set up in varying spaces. I don't particulaly like using headphones (I have several sets) and finding a space to use real monitors, is often not easy. But when I do, it means yet another piece of, potentially heavy gear, to carry. My goal was to find a small monitor with enough meat to give me a realistic picture of what I'm recording, and that's where PMC comes into the picture.
After one AES a distributer for PMC, here in the US ,turned me on to the little DB1 professional version (same speaker, different box). He sent me a pair..., and first sight caused me some doubt as to how these little things would ever do what I needed. I broke them in for a few hours and toted them off to a session involving a quartet of classical guitarist, one using a bass instrument to fill out the groups, otherwise, big warm sound. First play back startled me..., what came through these DB1s was pretty damn close to what I heard standing in front of the group out in the hall. All of the midrange was there, and not fractionally presented like other small monitors, but full and rich. I can only attribute this to their exceptional bass reponse which, due to the characteristics of the Transmission Line loading, was surprisingly deep, clean and fast, and didn't cloud or mask the mids. I've used the DB1s for everything from soloists to full orchestral recordings and have yet to be dissapointed. What you hear is pretty much what you got. I now use a pair of the powered model, DB1S-A, which further cuts down my load by not having to tote an amplifier.

jdandy
06-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Sound like another winning PMC product to me. :thumbsup: