PDA

View Full Version : SonoS - Downloaded Music Art

Haurock
05-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Okay, I've got a bit of a problem. I have not yet called SonoS as perhaps someone here might have the simple solution.

I recently purchased a Sonos system. The unit is hard wired to my router and my router communicates wirelessly with my IMac.

I don't have any difficulty playing or hearing all my music which is on an external HD next to my IMac. However, I cannot see many of the album covers either on the Sonos controller or on the Sonos software.

All my music is store on my hard drive through ITunes and in ITunes I do have all the album covers. Those I could not download from ITunes, I downloaded from Amazon.com. So everything is fine in the ITunes software but not the SonoS.

I am puzzled, any ideas? Thanks.

two dot
05-31-2009, 01:01 PM
I too have some problems with artwork via the Sonos, but I love it enough that I haven't taken the time to figure it out.

'cisco
05-31-2009, 01:06 PM
I too have some problems with artwork via the Sonos, but I love it enough that I haven't taken the time to figure it out.

Same here :yes:

Haurock....have you tried this link....

https://sonos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sonos.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=59&p_created=1083609546&p_sid=WA2jTbzj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD0yMTMsMjEzJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0 mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ub CZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Still-One
05-31-2009, 01:17 PM
I have no problems. All my artwork shows up using either the handheld controller, my iPhone/Ipod Touch or the web browser.

When you access either Rhapsody or Pandora does the artwork show? If so you probably need to re-sync your SonoS unit.

Still-One
05-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Did you allow file sharing on the Mac so it can access the artwork file?

jdandy
05-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Perhaps the meta files with the art work were not downloaded with the music files.

Haurock
05-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Did you allow file sharing on the Mac so it can access the artwork file?

Yes. But, got not difference.

Perhaps the meta files with the art work were not downloaded with the music files.

If so, wouldn't I get the same problem in ITunes? All the artwork is in the same folder, so its not a question of location on the hard drive. I'll have to keep investigating. Not a big issue, but I'm, a visual kind of guy.. well hearing kind of guy too.