PDA

View Full Version : My New Music Hall MMF 9.1 TT

Volks
10-23-2011, 01:39 AM
I spent the better part of my Saturday nite putting together my new Music Hall MMF 9.1 TT :) .....one thing ive learned about TT's is you must have patience when setting one up.......I am listening to Pink Floyd The Division Bell:music: and even though the Goldring Eroica LX low output moving coil cartridge is not broken in yet.....to me this TT sounds more spacious/open then my past Clearaudio Concept(a TT that never grew on me)........I now have to buy a new shelf for my SoldTech stand so that i can put the TT on top......right now its on the floor(I know a terrible place),but i wanted to really assemble it tonight to hear it.........it will move to the top of the rack once i figure out a way to get a shelf for it on my rack.:banana:

Here are a few highlights about the MMF 9.1 from MusicHalls website.

The music hall mmf-9.1 turntable, our flagship, is a two speed belt driven audiophile turntable employing the unique triple plinth construction originated by music hall. The distinctive design isolates the critical sound reproducing components; platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the adjustable tip toe feet, electronic speed control, and wiring which are mounted on the bottom platform. Sorbothane hemispheres separate each of the three plinths and provide additional vibration damping. The motor and switch are isolated on their own vibration damping base and completely decoupled from the turntable. The mmf-9.1 comes in a high gloss piano black lacquer finish and is available with or without cartridge.

•music hall’s unique triple plinth construction
•one piece carbon fiber tonearm (project 9cc)
•flexible internal wire drawn from high purity copper
•counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip
•resonance damping counterweight is decoupled from the tonearm
•completely isolated and decoupled 50Hz motor
•push button electronic speed control changes (33/45 rpm)
•motor sits on its own resonance damping puck
•front motor position eliminates motor to cartridge vibration
•optional Goldring Eroica LX low output moving coil cartridge
•retippable gyger II line contact stylus
•cartridge is mounted and properly aligned
•inverted ceramic main bearing for super quiet fluid operation
•non resonant 1” thick acrylic platter
•soft felt platter mat
•high quality gold rca connectors with detachable phono cable
•adjustable tip toe feet with anti scratch cups
•low noise fully manual belt drive design
•dust cover, 45rpm adaptor, and spirit level

Puma Cat
10-23-2011, 01:52 AM
Congratulatons on your new table, Volks!

Rafale
10-23-2011, 04:19 AM
Volks....beautiful turntable, congrats
and enjoy

jdandy
10-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Mike.......You know a guy is excited when he assembles his turntable and hooks it up on the floor. :D
It is a great looking turntable, and I hope it brings you years of listening pleasure.

Face
10-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Very nice!

vintage_tube
10-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Congrats Volks & enjoy that beautiful table!!

Bob

Volks
10-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys!:)....i just hate the fact its on the floor....im ordering a shelf for it today to put on top of my rack

RoadDawgWest
10-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Volks,
Really liking that new turntable. Hope it brings even more enjoyment to your vinyl.

KahunaCanuck
10-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Sweet table Volks! I'm sure it will get better & better...enjoy!

jwhite613
10-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Mike... Congratulations on the new TT!!! Very sharp looking table. Let us know how it breaks in and hope to see pics when it finally finds a home on your new shelf. Hope to see you in the spinning forum. Love to see what other AA members are spinning on their tables.

gtubes
10-23-2011, 06:04 PM
N.I.C.E. oh yeah :banana:

cmalak
10-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Mike...congrats on the new TT. Looks great. One other idea you may want to consider: instead of putting on top of a shelf on your rack, since this is an unsuspended table, you may want to consider a wall shelf, which will help with reducing unwanted vibrations from reaching the TT (especially important if you have a suspended wood floor which will transmit foot fall movement from the floor up through your rack). Just a thought.

Enjoy!

Jerome W
10-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Congrats Mike !
Very nice ! :thumbsup:

miner
10-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Mike...congrats on the new TT. Looks great. One other idea you may want to consider: instead of putting on top of a shelf on your rack, since this is an unsuspended table, you may want to consider a wall shelf, which will help with reducing unwanted vibrations from reaching the TT (especially important if you have a suspended wood floor which will transmit foot fall movement from the floor up through your rack). Just a thought.

Enjoy!

....or a Gingko Audio isolation platform.

f1 fan
10-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Mike...congrats on your new 'table. It's a beauty! Join us in the spinning forum where analog rules. Enjoy spinning.

Dave

Volks
10-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Well i got a basic shelf on top from work for free for now and it actually does the job,but i will get a black colour one soon...this is just a "Stop-Gap" to get it off the floor :).......i love the sound i am getting from my new 9.1 TT :) :thumbsup: