PDA

View Full Version : dARTS- Home THeater

deafbykhorns
05-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Ken Hecht of Phase Technology today for an electrical estimate to split up the electrical service on his building. It seems the Asian market has taken over the OEM manufacturing for your commodity grade audio drivers so he no longer needs the extras space. Before the China market took over, they were manufacturing about 2500 drivers a day to keep up with the demand. He did indicate the high end audio market was doing very well.
Anyways, after taking a tour of the factory, I was introduced to the new dARTS home theater system. LET ME TELL YOU, this system was amazing, the drivers seem to all work in harmony and were perfectly time aligned. The whole room was a sweet spot! I have auditioned $100,000+ HT systems that wouldn't hold a candle to this system. If your a 2 channel purist, this system wouldn't fit as it uses the digital amplification system (class D) but it was amazingly easy to listen to for hours and not fatiguing as one would believe. This system had 16 channels of audio that amplifies and time aligns each driver, truly amazing.
Now I'm not ready to convert my system since its a 2channel and HT system all in one box, but if I had a dedicated listening room I would give this one an audition :thumbsup:

jdandy
05-27-2009, 09:05 PM
John.......That's interesting. Is Phase Technology's factory in Jacksonville?

deafbykhorns
05-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Orange Park off Youngerman Circle across from the Mall. Best kept secret in Jacksonville.
His father invented the soft dome tweeter.
Guess who builds the amps for Phase Technology?