AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Sooloos, Olive, Wadia, Sonos, to name a few

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2010, 02:51 PM
multiham's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 166
Default Help with Itunes, C2200, Mc275

Hoping I can get some help. Have a beautiful Classe based HT system (SSP 800, CA 5200, Apple TV) in my basement. Looking to potentially put together my first Tube based McIntosh system for my office. I have loaded a lot of cd's into Itunes and want to take advantage of this. Very easy to do with my Apple TV and the SSP 800. Have that fully functioning and love the sound! Not sure how to tap into this for my proposed office system.

Given my desire to use a C2200 as my pre and a MC275 as my amp, what is the best way to get all my itunes into the system? What additional equipment do I need to buy and what type of connections do I need to make? Appreciate help with such a basic question, but I'm learning! Unfortunately, none of my close friends share the passion of high-end audio with me...
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2010, 03:05 PM
80B's Avatar
80B 80B is offline
Listener in Training
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,756
Default

Check out Sonos as a means to wirelessly access your iTunes. A number of AA guys have it and can answer specific questions.
__________________
B&W 802D(2) B&W HTMD2 B&W 803D(2) B&W ASW825 McIntosh MC501(3) MC402 MX-136 MVP-871 Benchmark DAC1 Apple Mac Mini Rega P3-24 RGPC 400 pro WireWorld interconnects
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2010, 03:24 PM
two dot's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,112
Default

+1 on SONOS
__________________
Luxman/Harbeth/MicroSeiki

One good thing about music: When it hits you, you feel no pain.

Bob Marley
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2010, 07:09 PM
multiham's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiham View Post
Hoping I can get some help. Have a beautiful Classe based HT system (SSP 800, CA 5200, Apple TV) in my basement. Looking to potentially put together my first Tube based McIntosh system for my office. I have loaded a lot of cd's into Itunes and want to take advantage of this. Very easy to do with my Apple TV and the SSP 800. Have that fully functioning and love the sound! Not sure how to tap into this for my proposed office system.

Given my desire to use a C2200 as my pre and a MC275 as my amp, what is the best way to get all my itunes into the system? What additional equipment do I need to buy and what type of connections do I need to make? Appreciate help with such a basic question, but I'm learning! Unfortunately, none of my close friends share the passion of high-end audio with me...
Appreciate the suggestions on Sonos! If I don't go the Sonos route, would the below work?

If I wanted to use my Mac Mini in the system, would I need to get a DAC? If so, would I run the Mac Mini to the DAC and then the DAC to the C2200?

Any suggestions on a DAC?

Thanks! Appreciate the patience as I try to learn my way around here! I'm coming from the world of Pioneer and Denon where connectivity was simple but so was the sound...
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Still-One's Avatar
It is turned down!!!!


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Milford, MI
Posts: 24,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiham View Post
Appreciate the suggestions on Sonos! If I don't go the Sonos route, would the below work?

If I wanted to use my Mac Mini in the system, would I need to get a DAC? If so, would I run the Mac Mini to the DAC and then the DAC to the C2200?

Any suggestions on a DAC?

Thanks! Appreciate the patience as I try to learn my way around here! I'm coming from the world of Pioneer and Denon where connectivity was simple but so was the sound...
Yes, that it is how you would connect it. Your GUI would be iTunes if that is how you set it up.
__________________
Jim

AMP's: Momentum Mono's
Pre-amp: D'Agostino
Digital: Meridian 808v3 & Meridian MC200 (SooLoos)
Analog:SME 20/3 , Audio Research PH 8, Benz Ruby
Speakers: Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2
Cables: Transparent Opus SC, Reference MM2 Interconnects & Powerlink MM2x Power
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:13 AM
McPlanar's Avatar
Flat Speakers RULE
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 855
Default

I'm using an M2Tech USB interface (see link below) out of my Mac Mini connected via a Bnc cable to my ARC DAC7 and then into my C2200. Works like a champ.

6moons.com audio reviews: M2Tech hiFace
__________________
Dale
McIntosh C33, MC7270, MCD751 PS Audio SL Three Digital Processor Michelle GyroDec MKII Linn Itok LVII Grado Reference Sonata Magnepan MG12/QR (mods by Magnestand) Cardas Cross Apple Mac Mini, Airport Express Wireworld Nova 6 Mini-Toslink Richard Gray P.C. 1200C Shunyata Research Venom 3 PC
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2010, 03:42 PM
KahunaCanuck's Avatar
slow in, fast out

 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: White Rock, BC
Posts: 965
Default

Mutliham, like you I have a similar setup in my theater with the SSP800 doing the D/A and luv it.

I just ordered the Olive 4HD to try out, it has a built in D/A and a touchscreen, plus a nice app for Ipad/Itouch to control it. Also includes built in wifi/ethernet. If you ship them an oold CD player they will cut the price to $2000.

Good luck!
__________________
Mike



2Ch: Dyn C2 Sig spkrs/Ayre MX-R amps/Mc C500t pre/Avid Pulsare Phono/Bob's SUT/Pioneer Exclusive P10 with Koetsu Urushi Vermillion/Macmini Music Server/Esoteric K3 SACD DAC/Shunyata Triton Power Con with Shunyata Python Zitron PC/Shunyata Cobra Zitron ICs, SCs, PCs, HRS Platforms/Woo Audio WA22 HP amp/Senn HD800 with Stephan Audio cables/mod/Steve Blynn Rack

Theater: Spkrs B&W 800D,HTM1D,803D, Subs JL F113x2, Pre Classe SSP800, Amp Classe CA5300, Bluray Oppo 105, Wireworld Silver Electra ICs & PCs, Acoustic Zen Satori SCs, JVC X700R PJ, 120" SI Ref G3 Motorized Screen, Pioneer Elite 60" Plasma, RSA Dmitri Power Con
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Still-One's Avatar
It is turned down!!!!


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Milford, MI
Posts: 24,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaCanuck View Post
Mutliham, like you I have a similar setup in my theater with the SSP800 doing the D/A and luv it.

I just ordered the Olive 4HD to try out, it has a built in D/A and a touchscreen, plus a nice app for Ipad/Itouch to control it. Also includes built in wifi/ethernet. If you ship them an oold CD player they will cut the price to $2000.

Good luck!
The Ipod/iTunes app is kind of funky to use and I sometimes had a hard time regaining control of the touchscreen or web app. Ninety percent of the time I use the remote and monitor to operate the system, the balance of the time is the web-interface. The web interface (Maestro) is the only viable way to edit and add missing album art.
__________________
Jim

AMP's: Momentum Mono's
Pre-amp: D'Agostino
Digital: Meridian 808v3 & Meridian MC200 (SooLoos)
Analog:SME 20/3 , Audio Research PH 8, Benz Ruby
Speakers: Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2
Cables: Transparent Opus SC, Reference MM2 Interconnects & Powerlink MM2x Power
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2010, 08:55 PM
multiham's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaCanuck View Post
Mutliham, like you I have a similar setup in my theater with the SSP800 doing the D/A and luv it.

I just ordered the Olive 4HD to try out, it has a built in D/A and a touchscreen, plus a nice app for Ipad/Itouch to control it. Also includes built in wifi/ethernet. If you ship them an oold CD player they will cut the price to $2000.

Good luck!
Thanks! Am I correct in that the Olive 4HD does not allow you to connect to the music you currently have stored on your hard drive? Looks like a fabulous unit, but I just spent weeks loading all my cd's into itunes. Don't think I want to do that again!

Steve
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2010, 01:54 AM
KahunaCanuck's Avatar
slow in, fast out

 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: White Rock, BC
Posts: 965
Default

It is supposed to be able to access any music on the network, so i think it will pick up your itunes fine as long as you have it on sharing. I will have to see once I get mine...
__________________
Mike



2Ch: Dyn C2 Sig spkrs/Ayre MX-R amps/Mc C500t pre/Avid Pulsare Phono/Bob's SUT/Pioneer Exclusive P10 with Koetsu Urushi Vermillion/Macmini Music Server/Esoteric K3 SACD DAC/Shunyata Triton Power Con with Shunyata Python Zitron PC/Shunyata Cobra Zitron ICs, SCs, PCs, HRS Platforms/Woo Audio WA22 HP amp/Senn HD800 with Stephan Audio cables/mod/Steve Blynn Rack

Theater: Spkrs B&W 800D,HTM1D,803D, Subs JL F113x2, Pre Classe SSP800, Amp Classe CA5300, Bluray Oppo 105, Wireworld Silver Electra ICs & PCs, Acoustic Zen Satori SCs, JVC X700R PJ, 120" SI Ref G3 Motorized Screen, Pioneer Elite 60" Plasma, RSA Dmitri Power Con
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 AM.

Follow @AudioAficionado
US iTunes, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
ęCopyright 2009-2014 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
VPI Industries
VPI Industries
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Sound Anchors
Sound Anchors
Acoustic Sounds Inc
Acoustic Sounds Inc
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
Steve Blinn Designs
Steve Blinn Designs
Krell
Krell
Wyred 4 Sound
Wyred 4 Sound
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
TAD Labs
TAD Labs
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Aerial Acoustics
Aerial Acoustics
Accuphase
Accuphase
Aluminati Sound
Aluminati Sound
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Delicious Decibels
Delicious Decibels