View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/V Solutions View Post
The footfall issue will most likely not be cured with a Gingko, if it were air born vibrations or vibrations with in the gear itself that's where the Gingko would be effective and works great. The motion a footfall produces is just way to much energy for the Gingko......I have had the line for the past five years and thier products in my systems in hopes of eliminating the footfall problem in my current room but they actually made it worse......The fix was going under the house and reinforcing the floor joist and adding jacks.
Jeff, that was my problem (joists over a crawl space) and it didn't really help as was your case. I eventually sold the Ginko & the owner was pleased that he no longer experienced issues with his heavy foot traffic. That in turn made me happy.

Suggested the Ginko as Vin is a great guy & makes a nice product. Everything is system dependent -- tweak "A" may work in my system & have different results in someone elses.

Bob
Analogue Sources: SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Valhalla TA cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences.
Tuner: McIntosh MR74 and MR71 w/L12 Cabinets
Vibration Control: HRS NA150's under amps & dCS 3 stack. HRS NA100's under dCS Transport and 3 per under each VAC Signature MK IIa Preamp instrument
Speakers: Raidho C3.1's in Burl Walnut
Power Isolation: Isoclean PT-3030G III 3KVA Isolation Transformer w/Isoclean Super Focus In/Out Cables.
Power Bar: Isoclean ICP 206 Non-Filtered Power Bar.
Power Cables: Wireworld Platinum Electra on amps, preamp & each dCS Paganini component.
Power Outlets: Isoclean ICP-003 Power Wall Socket.
Speaker Cables: Wireworld Platinum Eclipse
Signal Cables: WireWorld Platinum Eclipse XLR's on dCS Paganini & VAC Sig MK IIa to MC2301's. Wireworld Platinum Starlite 110 ohm Balanced on dCS internal connections and Crystal Cable Firewire 1394 cables on dCS.
Headphones: Sennheiser HD-800's and Koss Pro IV AA.
Tube Test Gear: Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A & current SOTA MaxiMatcher tube test sets.