View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 AM

Jerry, I was actually proposing a less expensive bang for the buck upgrade because I know how well both the Hydra and the DSP8k's respond to wire gauge improvement.

Hydra Talos -> Wall = Shunyata Hydra HC VTX cable (9 gauge)
Hydra Talos -> DSP8kSL = 2x Shunyata Hydra HC VTX cable (9 gauge)
Hydra Talos -> 808.3i = Shunyata Zitron Cobra (10 gauge)

The plan here is that 9 gauge cable is suitable for big amps and powerconditioners while the more refined and smaller 10 gauge cobra gets used on the source/preamp low voltage components.

Now you can ofcourse exchange the "Hydra HC VTX" (9 gauge) cable with the Zitron Python (9 gauge) or the Zitron Anaconda (7 gauge). But I wanted to give you an example of an immediate "non-expensive" route to better powerhandling and dynamics of core components in your setup.

I run a Furutech Flux 8 gauge to my Triton and Furutech 9 gauge to my DSP8k's and DSP7200HC. And while I'm invested in Furutech PC's I have full confidence that Shunyatas PC's will be of similiar (or even better?) benefit.

Howie, I run a 2012 861V6/ID40. After I heard about the Ferrites used in the Anniversary system I put ferrites on all incoming TP ethernet cables, cable TV, unshielded PSU cables for routers etc. Everything that wasn't an audio cable to "quiet things down". And it worked!

Last edited by Crion; 05-07-2012 at 04:52 AM.