View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
Hi Jim!
Funny, I went the other way. I "had" a Mc HT system and sold it all to go back to Mc 2-channel! My wife and I just didn't watch enough movies to justify the investment in a premium HT system. The other thing that always bothered me was the changing technology. Heck, you "could" change your HT Mc processor out every 3 or 4 years - and they ain't cheap for sure. For the price of an MX150 ($9,000 to $12,000), you can build a GREAT Mc 2 channel rig.

With all that said, I DO miss watching my Blue-Ray concerts on Mc gear! AWESOME for sure!

Who knows....with the MC8207 coming out, maybe I'll "dip my big-toe" back into the world of Mc HT. Hmmmmmm.......
Hey JWJW,

I totally agree, especially about the changing of technology. One plus is that Anthem allows you to upgrade your preamp / equipment when new stuff comes out. It is not cheap, but it is a lot cheaper than buying a new one. I am looking forward to hearing my HT with my new McIntosh amps!

Going either direction, (2 channel or Blu-ray) brings a lot of enjoyment! This is such a great hobby!

My wife and I get alot of use out of our HT. We have a Netflix account, and we watch a lot of football and hockey. We also record are favorite shows on the DVR. We also are building our Blu-ray library, 150 and counting with comedies, action, chick flicks, and classic movies. Amazon has been loving me lately. We have other couples over for food and drinks then we end up in the theater watching blu-ray concerts or my new favorite stand-up comedian acts like Jeff
Durnam and others. One night after listening to some BR concerts one our friends said "I don't know what you paid for this whole HT but it is worth double!" For me the experience is Priceless!

Hopefully you will get back into HT, and that I make some time for some 2 channel listening. They both have a lot to offer!

Jim

Last edited by trek737; 11-26-2011 at 12:20 PM.