View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 01:29 AM
conrad-johnson, baby!

Joe,
I don't think you can go wrong with any C-J preamp made in the last 10 years or so, really. From the ART/ACT series onwards. I mean, if there is one thing C-J is really known for, it's preamps. For example, the Premier 16/17 ART derivatives (both Series 1 and 2) and the CT-5 are all superb as well as the ART/ACT big guns.

I've not heard the ET3SE, but I've heard the "regular" ET3, and it was excellent; not as quite as good as my Premier 17, though. The SE may be a different story.

I believe Rafale just posted a link recently regarding the ET5 where it got a terrific review from TAS.
conrad-johnson CT-5 and LP70S, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion & Rega P5/Sumiko Pearwood Celebration II w/ EAR324P, Clearaudio Concept/Grado Sonata1 mono 2w/ EAR 834P, Oppo BD-83SE, Schiit Gungnir DAC, Schiit Loki DSD DAC, Mac Mini/Audirvana, Dynaudio Contour S3.4, REL R-305, DNM speaker cables, Audioquest Colombia, Soundsilver Sextet and Zu Mission IC's, Shunyata Zitron and Black Mamba CX power cords, Shunyata Triton

Last edited by Puma Cat; 09-01-2011 at 01:36 AM.