View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Harbeth For Ever

Hi Jerry,

Indeed, my idea with the Olive was to get the same level of sound of my cd drive but with the convenienve of a server. Which I got actually, when "it worked". The sound of the Ikemi drive was probably less neutral by just a very small margin, a tiny bit of warmer and deeper, but the difference was so small that I could forget it easily with the convenience of the server.

The Squeeze Box is a cheap solution and if I don't like it, no problem. My son will get it. I will try that and maybe that, like JM, I will also find very small differences between it and my drive... I will mostly play from my itunes files or I will try to import files with db poweramp or AVS.

The Bryston music player is also very tempting but I will wait for the NAS ability.

Thanks a lot for your comments and advices !

( PS / I did not receive my money back yet cause the unit is still in my home waiting for the french importer rep to pick it up )

Main System: preamp and monoblocks hand-built by a Japanese Master, McIntosh (MR77, MC2205, MC225), Manley Labs (300B Neo Classic), Abbingdon Music Research - AMR- (DP- 777), JC Verdier (La Platine / SME M2-12R arm x 2 / Ortofon SPU Classic E GM MKII / Lyra Delos / EMT XSD15), Auditorium 23 (Hommage T2 SUT), Harbeth (M40.1), Pro Audio Bono (Platforms, Feet, Rack).
Second System : McIntosh (MAC 1500), Rega (P9 TT with Denon DL103 Expert Stylus Co), A23 Standard SUT for DL103, Metrum Acoustics (Octave), DeVore Fidelity (Super 8). Third System: McIntosh (MDA 1000), Jadis (DA30), Meridian (204), Rega (RS10).
Office System : McIntosh ( MA5100 ), Harbeth (P3ESR).
Digital sources for all systems : Squeeze Box Touch with MCRUs Power Supply and Mac Book Pro SSD-Audirvana +
Others : Wilson Audio (Watt Puppy 8), PMC (CB6i), McIntosh ( MA5100), Schiit Audio (Valhalla, Bifrost), Grado (325i), Sennheiser (HD650, HD800), Sugden (Head Master) WireWorld, Kimber Kable 8TC, Naim Naca 4